Sign in to follow this  
DesadaptadoDimensional

Program using FDTable that works on my computer, but not on others... (Database)

Hello everyone, I am a 1st year programming student. Today I have not been able to present my project, which uses .accdb databases through FDTable, FDConnection and DataSource although it works correctly on my computer. but not in others I thought that the problem was related to the database path, but I use a cloud, which is where I install my Delphi files and projects, so in principle the path always remains the same...  I don't know what the problem is.

I attach my project, with the dproj file if you want to have a look at the code, and also the executable.  Also a screenshot of the error.

Thanks and best regards

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ofiicfhuv69af8t/managerv1.7z/file

unknown.png

Edited by DesadaptadoDimensional

You seem to be using FireDAC to access a Microsoft Access file. I don't understand the language you have on screen, but entering the terms "ace dsn jet" from your error message into an internet search engine reveals that the computer you're trying to run it on does not seem to have the necessary ODBC drivers for accessing the database file.

Does installing the following help?

Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Center

PS: The Windows "Sandbox" is a great feature to test if your program runs on other machines that do not have additional software installed (requires Windows Professional, I think).

• Like 1

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Sorry, I didn't realise it included parts in Spanish.   It says:

EXCEPTION EMSACCESSNATIVEEXCEPTION IN MODULE MANAGER.EXE AT 00268D9E
FIREDAC PHYS ODBC MICROSOFT ODBC MICROSOFT ODBC MICROSOFT ACCESS DRIVER GENERAL ERROR UNABLE TO OPEN REGISTRY KEY TEMPORARY VOLATILE ACE DSN FOR PROCESS 0X1384 THREAD 0X1710 DBC 0X19DD42C JET

I downloaded that setup in other computer, unfortunately, after install it, the error exception stills... Its weird but only works on my computer.

@haentschman all the love for Firebird!! Frickin' cool RDBMS engine 🙂

W/o the big companies meddling (a.k.a foundation-based).

@all, check out 4.0. Just released!