Trevor Davis

ANN: BS1 Accounting Distribution Manufacturing Source Code

BS1 source code is available for Delphi 10.4.2 and all previous versions since Delphi 5.

- BS1 Accounting
- BS1 Professional Time Billing
- BS1 Enterprise Accounting
- BS1 Enterprise Accounting with Manufacturing

Developers may license the source code for use in their custom Delphi solutions royalty-free.

Versions for SQL Server (ADO) and DBISAM databases.

BS1 Accounting is an integrated multi-currency accounting system: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Sales Analysis, and Bank Reconciliation.

BS1 Professional is an integrated time billing and accounting system: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Inventory, Time Billing, Sales Analysis, and Bank Reconciliation.

BS1 Enterprise Accounting is a multi-currency distribution and accounting system: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Purchase Orders, Sales Orders and Quotes, Sales Analysis, and Bank Reconciliation.

BS1 Enterprise Accounting with Manufacturing is a multi-currency manufacturing, distribution and accounting system: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Purchase Orders, Sales Orders and Quotes, Manufacturing, Sales Analysis, and Bank Reconciliation.

Source code info www.dbsonline.com/source.htm
Comments from Delphi developers www.dbsonline.com/comments.htm

-- 
Trevor Davis
Davis Software
www.dbsonline.com

• Like 1

Hello Trevor!

Normally, i would pay for licenced "components" or "libraries". Sources intended to be incorporated in "any" project but more importantly something that is properly interfaced (not depending on more stuff, and so on). So; i see screenshots of an application. Is it is only after i have purchased a licence that i can actually put my head around the code-stack? I cannot see anything about the code itself. How would i know anything about integrating "source code" into *my* project if i ether cannot have docs + demos or sources (before payment) to scrutinize? I have an "application framework" of my own (as does many developers), so i am rather confused as to how to evaluate your offer.

TIA,

/Dany

Hi Dany,

Thank you for checking out the website and your comments.

BS1 source code has been available for about 20 years and is well respected in the Delphi community. You might recognise some of the names on the comments page here: www.dbsonline.com/comments.htm BS1 won the Delphi Informant Readers Choice award (won twice & runner-up twice) back when they did that. I'm not aware of any negative comments on the various Delphi news groups or websites. (Other than one guy who complained about setting a field asVariant := null instead of using 'clear' ...a minor compaint IMHO).

In the past I have provided sample source code on request so people could evaluate it before purchasing. Only about 3 people ever requested that. Everyone else purchased and was happy (except one person who couldn't install SQL Server, but had no fault with BS1 itself. He converted it to run on Firebird if I recall correctly). I don't recall ever refusing to provide sample source code, but at this point I might not because it contains intellectual property. It's quite obvious that it's good based on the high quality of the program, which you can download and try, plus the comments and Delphi Informant awards.

Trev

Such systems usually requires large amounts of updates because of adaptations to national regulations, rates, tax law and other legislation that can be changed several times per year.

I guess that is not the case for BS1.

Lars, BS1 is used in many countries with no changes required by the program, except the version in Oman had to be changed to have 3 decimal positions for currency. Which was a relatively trivial change. (Source code for the Oman version isn't for sale.. or at least isn't the main source code version and it has other differerences... extra features and some features not included. But could be for sale if anyone wanted to purchase it).

The taxes are very flexible so haven't required changes for USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Egypt, Oman, Israel, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, UAE, China, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and a bunch of other countries. The GL account numbers and financial statements are user-defined, which is a part of the program people sometimes expect that would need to be changed. Also handles the UK 'Making Tax Digital' requirement.

There is a multilingual version currently only set up for Spanish ..source code for which isn't for sale, but that works in various Spanish speaking countries with no changes required to the taxes or financials etc.

BS1 doesn't do Payroll so that avoids a lot of country-specific differences. Instead data exported from a Payroll system can be imported to the GL.

Edited by Trevor Davis