EugeneK

Smartinspect status

Hi

Does anyone knows what is the status of Smartinspect? Last update on code partners site is from November 2020 that it is almost ready, but it is still not available.

• Like 2

Hi, that's a fair question and one I have asked myself a bit over the last 6 months.

The short version is that the core of it is ready to go. I saw an updated cut of the docs checked in last night, so I'll be reviewing them today. That basically leaves some installer changes and then we can release.

For those who care about why it has taken so long, I feel I owe an explanation. It mostly hasn't been technical issues. We did have a couple of subtle unicode bugs that took us awhile to squash, but that was solved quite awhile ago. Most of the issues that have delayed us have been non-technical. I think most of you don't need me to tell you that the last year has been a stressful time. We had a couple of major services customers get hit by issues with developers unavailable due to covid, which put extra strain on our resources. Further, the main developer that is working on smartinspect hit some serious burnout and stress related mental health issues and I took a decision to give him the space he needed to work through them. He was already feeling guilty about not delivering on time, and this added to the background-level of anxiety he was already struggling with around covid. He didn't need me also riding him about missing dates.

So, ultimately the delay is on me. As I said in an earlier post on our site, nobody who's subscription was current when we took over will be out of pocket. We paused the clock on active subscriptions on the day we acquired it, and we'll restart the clock on the day we release. However I do understand the frustration, and I apologize for it. We're doing our best to fix it. 

Cheers

Malcolm 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Old topic but since the product was updated and has been available for months I am adding a link here.  It also seems to have the worst web presence of a product I have seen in years. Almost impossible to find by web search which still brings up previous owners of the product.  The product page even has <meta name='robots' content='noindex, nofollow' />. 

SmartInspect – Code Partners (code-partners.com)  Advanced High-Performance Logging and Tracing for .NET, Java and Delph