aehimself

Which setting enables this feature?

Hello,

On my development PC Delphi 10.4.2 stopped displaying the tooltip with the parameters and their types when a bracket was opened. E.g.:

image.png.3f46c43352baff5c9c06af743bfef3db.png

I compared the Code Insight settings with a PC where it is showing up properly and they seem to match. Currently I'm using these:

image.thumb.png.837e5e085f1e78cd546114bbc533af25.png

I remember that in the past unchecking something - reopening Delphi - re-checking something - reopening Delphi solved this (my hunch is on Code template completion... unsure though) but I cannot seem to get this tooltip back alive now.

Is there something I still can try before dropping my registry entries and start to reconfigure the IDE from ground up?

You're on the right screen: it's Code parameters. The Delay affects how quickly the tooltip will appear (or at least that's the idea--it doesn't display at all for me automatically if the delay is anything but "None").

You can always manually activate it by hitting Ctrl+Shift+Space.

• Like 1

Thank you @corneliusdavid I didn't know about the shortcut!

Strangely enough it triggers with the keyboard but despite the state of the setting it does not.

I was afraid of this, this usually means to start again with a clean registry profile 😞