TurboMagic

Class tree utility released

Hello,

I just released a new little utility on GitHub:

https://github.com/MHumm/ClassTree

It can be used to generate class tree representations for documentation purposes.

I hope you like it and don't mind that it's a first version which might still be a bit raw.
It fullfiled at least my purposes.

Cheers
TurboMagic

Edited by TurboMagic
  • Like 1

Nice, that works pretty well.

(You accidentally listed the URL twice so you might want to edit your post and correct it.)

Why did you include the DelphiEncryptionCompendium units? Was that just to test? They aren't really needed for the functionality of the app.

It'd be cool if there was a search button so you could quickly find a specific class in the huge generated list.

19 hours ago, corneliusdavid said:

Nice, that works pretty well.

(You accidentally listed the URL twice so you might want to edit your post and correct it.)

Why did you include the DelphiEncryptionCompendium units? Was that just to test? They aren't really needed for the functionality of the app.

It'd be cool if there was a search button so you could quickly find a specific class in the huge generated list.

Thanks!

I fixed the link. I also had thought I had removed the DEC units...! Grr!
I wrote this tool because I needed it for generating some tree for DEC's documentation.

If you like to have a search facility you may add this and either create a pull request or contact me otherwise to submit your improvement... 😉

Excuse my stressed question (i do not have the time to...) what is the difference between this (OT) and DelphiAST?

TIA,

/Dany

16 hours ago, Dany Marmur said:

Excuse my stressed question (i do not have the time to...) what is the difference between this (OT) and DelphiAST?

TIA,

/Dany

My variant generates the hierarchy via RTTI (I don't know how DelphiAST works) and it only considers classes and it can render the tree into
textual form (if you use a font containing the needed glyphs). See the GitHub project page, I added two screenshots now.

2 hours ago, TurboMagic said:

generates the hierarchy via RTTI (I don't know how DelphiAST works)

Both tools have a completely different approach. While DelphiAST analyzes source code, the class tree utility requires the classes to be compiled into the exe.

Edited by Uwe Raabe

Yes, it needs the classes to be compiled in, which was ok for my purpose and didn't require to download another library (AST).

It is self contained that way but requires source code distribution.

1 hour ago, TurboMagic said:

but requires source code distribution.

Of you compile with packages and allow external packages be loaded dynamically.