David Schwartz

gridlines in listboxes

It seems like the only list-type control that gives you the option of showing lines is TListView.

Is there a simple way of adding grid lines to other common list controls, like TListBox? (I don't do much with custom drawing stuff.)

31 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

What about TStringGrid / TDrawGrid?

A listbox is really easy to use. A stringgrid is not a simple replacement for a listbox.

I don't really see much of a difference between using a listbox and using a one column string grid.

I'm asking about how to add lines to list-like controls. TListView has a checkbox. TListBox has nothing. A lot of other libraries have simlar types of list controls and none of them offer lines either.

I'm just curious how one would go about doing that. Saying "use something else" isn't addressing the question, but it may be an option in some circumstances.

Use a list view. Part of problem solving is exploring the problem space and finding the best solution, given the pros and cons of all possible options. Deciding on the solution first and then trying to force it to work is not the way to solve problems. 

• Like 1