16 hours ago, mvanrijnen said:

Would be nice to have a common parser what you posted in your startpost, something with a base class which does the basic parsing of the query, and which can be extended in execution functionality .

There are tons of various parsers. The problem is the syntax required - everyone could need a different one. Moreover, the more specific parser is, the more efficient it appears. Sometimes you don't even need to write a parser - just define the grammar and generate parser code from it. Alas, I'm not aware of such possibility for Delphi.

1 hour ago, Fr0sT.Brutal said:

Sometimes you don't even need to write a parser - just define the grammar and generate parser code from it. Alas, I'm not aware of such possibility for Delphi.

Do you mean lexer & parser generators like lex&yacc/antlr? Antrl3 has some Delphi support, but Antlr4 hasn't been ported yet.  FPC has a TP Lex and TP Yacc - the tools are still available, but the documentation seems to have gone offline. I tried that a while back, but there were too much global state for my liking.

3 hours ago, darnocian said:

Do you mean lexer & parser generators like lex&yacc/antlr?

Yes you're right.

Btw RTL has a TParser class but it's intended for reading DFM files. Not a something reusable

Edited by Fr0sT.Brutal

When you are not able to find a lib that provides the functions you need within delphi, create a webservice and call that from delphi.

Also COM server could be a solution for you, when you do not like http.

12 hours ago, Fr0sT.Brutal said:

Sometimes you don't even need to write a parser - just define the grammar and generate parser code from it. Alas, I'm not aware of such possibility for Delphi.

Other languages offer such feature?

2 hours ago, Mike Torrettinni said:

He was just meaning that in other languages there are more libraries for parser generation… e.g. originally lex and yacc existed for C. flex and bison were the open source equivalents… I personally like antlr as it supports manny languages as targets. 

9 hours ago, Fr0sT.Brutal said:

Btw RTL has a TParser class but it's intended for reading DFM files. Not a something reusable

I wasn’t sure if you were referring to the test snippets I posted? in the project I made to illustrate writing the custom parsers,  I provided alternative TParser implementations - just thought I’d clarify in case of confusion.

11 hours ago, Mike Torrettinni said:

I'm only aware of C having such generators.

8 hours ago, darnocian said:

I wasn’t sure if you were referring to the test snippets I posted?

Nope, it was just a note about something slightly related to the subject 🙂

You can use Coco/R, as I have seen an attributive grammar for a similar sql-like language. Not long ago I made a port on Delphi. I have been using it for a long time and quite actively in my projects.