alank2

Will getit work for C++ Builder

I've been using ICS 8.59 with C++ Builder 10.3.3 and as I recall it took some work to tweak/install it.

I'm having two issues.  The first is that if I add the TSslHttpCli component to a service, it seems to kill or disable codeguard.  The application will not produce a .CGL file any longer and I don't think codeguard is working.  The second issue is that when I stop the service, normally it shuts down and closes immediately, but just adding the TSslHttpCli component introduces a 60-90 second delay until it finally shuts down.

My first question is - I noticed that 8.66 is available with GetIt if I go into Delphi.  Can I uninstall 8.59 and then use GetIt to download 8.66 through Delphi?  Will it be available in C++ Builder if I do this?

1 hour ago, alank2 said:

The application will not produce a .CGL file any longer and I don't think codeguard is working.

Has CodeGuard EVER worked?  I stopped using it many years ago, and I've seen plenty of users reporting in the various forums over the years about problems with it.

I attempt to keep the C++ packages up to date with each new release of ICS and Delphi, but can not test them, and get virtually no feedback from C++ users.  The GetIt installers are done by Embarcadero, I just provide a zip with the Delphi and C++ packages, and again don't test C++.

Never used CodeGuard, no idea how it interferes with ICS.  I've been using TSslHttpCli in Windows services on my public servers for 15 years, it just works. 

Angus

Thanks for the replies!

Remy>Has CodeGuard EVER worked?  I stopped using it many years ago, and I've seen plenty of users reporting in the various forums over the years about problems with it.

It works great for me most of the time.  It can pick out components that were not deleted, invalid pointer accesses, etc.  I do all my debug builds with it and it helps.

Angus>I attempt to keep the C++ packages up to date with each new release of ICS and Delphi, but can not test them, and get virtually no feedback from C++ users. 

I understand; I had to make some changes to the version I have installed to get it to install in cppbuilder which I documented here a couple years ago.

Angus>The GetIt installers are done by Embarcadero, I just provide a zip with the Delphi and C++ packages, and again don't test C++.

I may try the getit process and see what it does.  I was wondering if it was a bit more automated in that it does the installation instructions, but it doesn't sound like it.

Getit is better than our manual install instructions, it builds the packages and sets the path to the obscure unique directory where it gets installed, over which you have no control. 

I prefer to keep my components no more than two directories lower than root, so I can find them easily.

Angus

I've used GetIt to install the components on RAD Studio 10.4.2, and am getting an error when I try to compile my app - I'm bummed, because it's infinitely easier than getting it to install manually. When I install manually (which always takes me ages, since files don't seem to go where they're needed), I don't get the same error although ICS seems to have some conflicts (usually in #defines) with DevExpress components.

At any rate, when I use GetIt I'm getting an error in OverybteicsUtils.hpp as follows:

[bcc32c Error] OverbyteIcsUtils.hpp(333): expected unqualified-id
[bcc32c Error] OverbyteIcsUtils.hpp(334): expected unqualified-id

[bcc32c Error] OverbyteIcsUtils.hpp(399): expected unqualified-id
[bcc32c Error] OverbyteIcsUtils.hpp(400): expected unqualified-id

Every one of these lines look like this: 

static const System::Int8 CSIDL_DESKTOP = System::Int8(0x0);

Any idea what the issue might be?

Thanks,

Ian

Edited by w0wbagger
Was hoping to check the "notify" button, but doesn't exist on edits.

1 hour ago, w0wbagger said:

At any rate, when I use GetIt I'm getting an error in OverybteicsUtils.hpp as follows:

[bcc32c Error] OverbyteIcsUtils.hpp(333): expected unqualified-id
[bcc32c Error] OverbyteIcsUtils.hpp(334): expected unqualified-id

[bcc32c Error] OverbyteIcsUtils.hpp(399): expected unqualified-id
[bcc32c Error] OverbyteIcsUtils.hpp(400): expected unqualified-id

Every one of these lines look like this: 

static const System::Int8 CSIDL_DESKTOP = System::Int8(0x0); 

Any idea what the issue might be?

Most likely, either Int8 or CSIDL_DESKTOP has already been #define'd to a value earlier, and that define is then interfering with these declarations.

• Like 1