Sign in to follow this  
dummzeuch

Separate lists for VCL and FMX in GExperts Rename Components expert

The Rename Components expert in GExperts now has separate lists for the names and additional properties for VCL and FMX components. Previously it was a hassle to have additional properties shown in the rename dialog if these have different names in VCL vs. FMX e.g. the Caption vs. Text property of TLabel. Now you simply configure them differently.

read on in the blog post.

Trap for Windows 11 Players.

I recently updated to Windows 11.

I got the following error when building rev 3572 for D2007.

>> D:\GExperts\Projects\Delphi2007\GExpertsDelphi2007.dproj(122,13): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Borland.Delphi.Targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. <<

The Address up to "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727" is present but no 'Borland.Delphi.Targets' :-(

I found it in "C:\Windows.old\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727".

Copied to the 'new' directory.

3572 now builds fine for D2007.

HTH somebody.

Regards,

Ian

This crops up every time there's a Windows 10 Features Update (and as you have now experienced, also with Windows 11 Feature Updates). Make sure you have the following files saved outside of the Windows path, for when it next (and it will) happens, so you can copy them into the "new" Windows Net Framework \v2.0.50727 directory:

Borland.Common.Targets

Borland.Cpp.Targets

Borland.Delphi.Targets

Borland.Group.Targets

That's not GExperts specific. Every major Windows update breaks the Delphi 2007 installation in this way. I blogged about this issue a few years ago:

Delphi 2007 on Windows 8.1

And I'm always glad I did, because I tend to forget how to fix it.

Thinking about it now, I wonder if I shouldn't simply add those 4 files to my build tools and change the build script to have the environment variable point there.