angusj

Image32 - 2D graphics library (open source freeware)

Image32 is a 2D graphics library written entirely in Delphi Pascal.

It provides an extensive range of image manipulation functions and includes a polygon renderer that supports a wide range of filling options.

SimpleLayers.thumb.png.d60563d54908ff22672c7162644967d1.png

Documentation:

http://www.angusj.com/delphi/image32/Docs/_Body.htm

Examples:

http://www.angusj.com/delphi/image32/Docs/Examples.htm

Download:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/image32/

• Like 15
  • Thanks 8

28 minutes ago, RCrandall said:

Very cool!  I love Image32 and have been using it for many years.

Rob Crandall

Hi Rob. I suspect you're mixing up Image32 with Graphics32. 😜.

25 minutes ago, angusj said:

I think he speaks from a point on timespace in a distant future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I liked the Vectorize demo, but it seems that saving the monochrome image to SVG is not finished yet. Or did I miss something?

1 minute ago, timfrost said:

I liked the Vectorize demo, but it seems that saving the monochrome image to SVG is not finished yet. Or did I miss something?

Hi Tim. Yeah, writing to SVG is currently barely functional (unlike reading them). Also, you can't do it the way you write/save images of other formats. There is an SVG writing demo, but it's very primative. I think for the foreseeable future is best to consider SVG as read only.

18 minutes ago, Rollo62 said:

I think he speaks from a point on timespace in a distant future.

😁

Yes, I got Graphics32 and TImage32 mixed up but only because I have looked at TImage frequently over time too, and the demo graphics were instantly recognizable.  It sucks getting old though.  My unreserved apologies for the mistake.

Rob Crandall

Wow, this looks really good - and I have a use for it - in FinalBuilder we use a very old version of ImageEn to do image manipulation (resize, rotate, flip, mirror, convert file type etc) - unfortunately ImageEn is tied to the vcl so won't run in a docker container - I'm defintely going to try this. 

Pity it's not hosted on Github - would make forking, pull request etc so much easier 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

Pity it's not hosted on Github - would make forking, pull request etc so much easier 😉

He's one of the guys who tries to prevent Sourceforge from dying ;)
Admittedly I forgot my SF password, since I haven't logged in for years.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RCrandall said:

My unreserved apologies for the mistake.

No worries Rob. Judging by the number of 'likes' etc I'm getting I suspect a few others have made the same mistake. Keep it up! 😜

2 hours ago, luebbe said:

He's one of the guys who tries to prevent Sourceforge from dying 😉
Admittedly I forgot my SF password, since I haven't logged in for years.

I see SF is using git now.. that's a plus - but that site hurts my eyes with a bunch of other irrelevant rubbish on each page - won't be signing up (can't remember if I ever did before)  

Edited by Vincent Parrett
typo

16 minutes ago, Vincent Parrett said:

I see SF is using git now.. that's a plus - but that site hurts my with a bunch of other irrelevant rubbish on each page - won't be signing up (can't remember if I ever did before)  

I started my open source life on SF and contributed quite a lot to TortoiseSVN there.

4 minutes ago, luebbe said:

I started my open source life on SF and contributed quite a lot to TortoiseSVN there.

I started with open source back on Compuserve, before the Internet existed.

My first PC had Z80A CPU, CP/M OS plus dual 5.25" floppies.

• Like 1

My first PC as well.

Well, technically - the Memotech MTX512 belonged to my dad, but guess who used it the most?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

Only actual if there ARE pull requests... which is just a few %s of overall users.

1 hour ago, Fr0sT.Brutal said:

Only actual if there ARE pull requests... which is just a few %s of overall users.

Yes, well that can be an issue on some projects - people ask for all sorts of things, when I don't have time I'll slap a `PR Invited` label on it and then... nothing - I guess the feature wasn't that important. 

1 hour ago, Vincent Parrett said:

Yes, well that can be an issue on some projects - people ask for all sorts of things, when I don't have time I'll slap a `PR Invited` label on it and then... nothing - I guess the feature wasn't that important. 

Huh. I guess we all do such kind of things for requests we're not interested in. But the real PR rarely follow - more probable for libs (people using them a priori know the language and techs and have dev&build workflow ready) and less for apps (hey, I just came for a tool and don't care what language it's written in, am I supposed to learn COBOL and TCL and tons of other stuff to implement what I request?!)

Edited by Fr0sT.Brutal

On 8/16/2021 at 9:33 PM, angusj said:

Angus, I remember your name since the graphics32 newsgroup ages ;)

6 hours ago, angusj said:

My first PC had Z80A CPU ...

We have this nice CPU in common, but I wouldn't call it a PC at all :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, angusj said:

My first PC had Z80A CPU, CP/M OS plus dual 5.25" floppies

And mine too. North Star Horizon in a wooden case. I still have it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:

My first PC as well.

Well, technically - the Memotech MTX512 belonged to my dad, but guess who used it the most?

OK, if we're comparing age....

My first computer was an Imsai 8080 , though by the time I got TP 1.0 for Z80, I was running a Z80 with bank-switched RAM. I still have my TP 1.0 manual, by the way.

Insert link doesn't seem to be working, so: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMSAI_8080

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 8:37 PM, luebbe said:

Additional Info: SVGIconImageList has a wrapper for Image32, so Image32 can be used as one of four rendering engines for SVG icons. Since it proved to be the best of the four, @Carlo Barazzetta has made it the default.

See: https://github.com/EtheaDev/SVGIconImageList

Just tried the Image32's SVG viewer, the rendering result is almost perfect in my eyes! You've done a great job Angus!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1