jairgza

How know interface GUID from generic anonymous function using RTTI

Hi

From TForm1 object I need to know the GUID of ITestA from field MyField.   But the field is an anonymous function that I try to use a a lazy loading logic

type
  ITestA = interface
    ['{0BE93958-EAC8-429B-A498-221B93328551}']
  end;

TForm1 = class(TForm)
  private
    MyField:TFunc<ITestA>;
  end;

Using RTTI can investigate TForm1 class and "MyField" is recognized as TRttiInterfaceType but the GUID property  returns  {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

TRttiInterfaceType(rf.FieldType).GUID.ToString

is there any way to achieve this ?

regards

1 hour ago, jairgza said:

Using RTTI can investigate TForm1 class and "MyField" is recognized as TRttiInterfaceType

Can you show how you're querying MyField?

procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
var
  ctx:TRttiContext;
  rf:TRttiField;
begin
  //test
  ctx := TRttiContext.Create;
  rf := ctx.GetType(Self.ClassType).GetField('MyField');
  if rf.FieldType is TRttiInterfaceType then
  begin
    Log('GUID: '+ TRttiInterfaceType(rf.FieldType).GUID.ToString );
    Log('GUID: '+ rf.FieldType.Handle.TypeData.GUID.ToString );
  end;
end;

Hi, this is the test code

Delphi 10.2

win10

TFunc is anonymous method, which are backed by interface. So GUID you get from field type is not for ITestA,, but for TFunc<ITestA>.

I don't think you can get generic part out from parameterized type. In theory TFunc has Invoke method, so if you could get information on its result type, you would have ITestA. But I couldn't get Invoke information out of RTTI.  

The real question here is what you are actually trying to do. Your test code is obviously just a test - you already know that TForm1 MyField works with ITestA, so if you can make small test case for your actual use case, maybe there is a way to get information you need.

For instance if your form would be generic, you would more easily get what you need because you would have T to work with

TForm1<T> = class(TForm)
  private
    MyField:TFunc<T>;
  end;

• Like 1

I don't think you can get generic part out from parameterized type.

There is nothing in the RTTI system for that purpose, no.  You would have to manually parse the TRttiField.FieldType.QualifiedName of the field in question (in this case, yielding 'TFunc<ITestA>') to extract what is between the brackets ('ITestA'), and then get the TRttiType of that type from TRttiContext and typecast it to TRttiInterfaceType to get its GUID.

For instance if your form would be generic, you would more easily get what you need because you would have T to work with

TForm1<T> = class(TForm)
  private
    MyField:TFunc<T>;
  end;

Except that you can't use Generic types for DFM-streamable classes.  The DFM system doesn't handle Generic class types.

Edited by Remy Lebeau

There is nothing in the RTTI system for that purpose, no.  You would have to manually parse the TRttiField.FieldType.QualifiedName

That's what I did,  extract the string name of the interface and search in my interface list.

The real question here is what you are actually trying to do. 

Just experimenting with rtti and trying to do some kind of dependency injection, try to inject a generic function that actually return the object when is used (Lazy loading).

Thanks for your comments 

11 minutes ago, jairgza said:

trying to do some kind of dependency injection, try to inject a generic function that actually return the object when is used (Lazy loading).

If your experiments are not just for educational purposes try out Spring - the container can do exactly that.