Sign in to follow this  
TurboMagic

New unit for managing IDE/Tools menu entries available

Hello,

I've written a small unit for easily adding and removing IDE/Tools menu entries.

It can also check if there's already some entry for a given executable.

It is open source and can be found here along with a small console application demoing the functionality.

https://github.com/MHumm/AddIDETool

Remember: you need to restart the IDE for the settings changes to become effect.

Now enjoy it 😉

TurboMagic

• Like 2

I suggest to make the BDS part of IDERootKey as an additional parameter to cover the case where the IDE is started with the -r option. A welcomed extension would also be to find all these sub keys for given or all Delphi versions.

Which subkeys are you talking about?

About the thing with -r: that one I can understand.

And: I'm open for pull requests...

6 minutes ago, TurboMagic said:

Which subkeys are you talking about?

About the thing with -r: that one I can understand.

In SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS the BDS part can be changed with the -r command line switch. On the other hand, nit all sub keys of SOFTWARE\Embarcadero belong to valid Delphi installations, so it needs some more heuristic to find them.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:18 AM, Uwe Raabe said:

I suggest to make the BDS part of IDERootKey as an additional parameter to cover the case where the IDE is started with the -r option. A welcomed extension would also be to find all these sub keys for given or all Delphi versions.

That one has just been implemented now.

Thanks for pointing that one out to me.
The intent of my library is to get this integrated in various 3rd party tools to make them
easily integratable in the IDE. I've got no need for such a complete UI.

My version deliberatly only supports D2009 and up.

We need to get away from supporting all these old versions so that people finally upgrade

and even D2009 is old enough.

Ok, I added a VCL based form for adding and removing now, but in a different fashion than yours and a demo application.

Enjoy!

I updated the console demo now and it will list all configurations created with the -r key as well and since a few weeks even a GUI for selecting the configurations has been added. Is that's "good enough" now?
(except maybe for the documentation)