Mike Torrettinni

Better context menu

I have a screen with multiple tree views, with different type of content, so it's hard to design ribbon toolbar for all actions, based on active treeview.

Does anybody know of 3rd party context menu that works like in Word when you select text and the context menu just pops-up and offer most common actions (font change...)?

image.thumb.png.f8996e22a31cd3a6226ece9edcb3f8fa.png

I would like the menu to appear as soon as mouse gets into the treeview (not on right click) and perhaps more greyed out look until user hovers over it, to show intent to use it:

image.png.4f688edecfae303c9e1633c2dffea585.png

Of course not the same actions as in Word, I would have my own custom icons.

I've seen similar options in some other software, but don't remember where, but it was pretty useful. I would prefer ready made solution, not really something I need to design on my own.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Der schöne Günther said:

That's just a form with buttons on it, and occasionally half-transparent. That's really not rocket-science.

Yes, you have a point there, but ready made context menu controls can handle icons, shortcuts, selection, submenus... that's seems like overkill to develop from scratch.

4 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:

DevExpress TdxRibbonMiniToolbar 

thanks, I didn't know this is the control, mini toolbar! Seems like it could be what I need, except is missing the transparency look...

5 hours ago, Mike Torrettinni said:

except is missing the transparency look...

It's transparent when the mouse isn't near it. When the mouse is over it it becomes fully opaque. Just like the one in MS Office.

image.png.17ecb4fd19f42781a57888440db21cda.pngimage.png.18163bdca829de33558fec2a08f0b450.png

Personally I don't much care for that control as it usually gets in the way of what you're doing - but as you can see I've used it in a few places (above is from Better Translation Manager).

• Like 1