PeterPanettone

wuppdi Welcome Page for Delphi 11 Alexandria?

1 hour ago, gkobler said:

I working on a solution now. Stay prepared. 🙂

Does somebody knows how i can read the recent project and files over the toolsapi?

As far as I know they can only read from the registry. I'm also not sure when the IDE updates these entries: Whenever they change or only when closing.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:09 PM, dummzeuch said:

As far as I know they can only read from the registry. I'm also not sure when the IDE updates these entries: Whenever they change or only when closing.

Thanks for the hint, Delphi updates the registry just when it close. 😞

I now it's may in early stage but try the follow

https://dwp.gksoft.ch/

I hope you like my plugin. For further suggestions and problems please contact me in this forum

11 minutes ago, Ian Branch said:

I take it the ability to create project folders is still coming??

What do you mean by "create project folders". Do not understand your question. Was that also a function in the wuppdiWP?

Yes.  In the left pane you could create sub folders that contained all the projects related together.

That way I had several sub folders, one  for each of my main Project groups, within which were the individual projects for that overall group.  Not to be confused with Delphi's Project Group files, which also went in there.

This kept the right hand pane filled with only those project files related to the overall Project.

This was to me the greatest benefit of wuppdi.

Project files & Project group files were physically moved from the right 'standard' projects pane to the new project group folder.

Unfortunately I no longer have an older version of Delphi with the original Wuppdi installed to show you.  Perhaps someone else here could post an image??

Perhaps something nice, but not actually needed, would be the ability to sort the files in the right pane.  Sort by Projectgroup then project.  Just a thought.

Edited by Ian Branch

OK, I think I'm starting to understand what you mean. I'll have to try it out with D10.1 Berlin. I have Delphi installed in the VM. Does anyone have the bpl file for D10.1?

Meanwhile i installed D10.4 and wuppdiWP, @Ian BranchNow i know what you mean. But i have to made a redesing internally to handle the lists. That takes a while, also next two weeks i'm not available

3 hours ago, Sherlock said:

11.2 will now need a totally reworked Wuppdi Welcome page. Which is a good thing because "no more Internet Explorer"

There is one in development right now which was listed earlier in this thread (https://dwp.gksoft.ch/) and I believe that the experimental version of gExperts (or it was a patch you have to apply yourself) has an importer for its "favorite files". 

There is a sample for creating your own welcome page plugin that gets installed if you click the checkbox for samples (see https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Alexandria/en/Samples_Repositories, specifically the https://github.com/Embarcadero/RADStudio11Demos/tree/main/Object Pascal/VCL/VCL WelcomePage projects).  

I believe Daniel (the original author of Wuppdi) stated that he is no longer going to maintain that project moving forward.

3 hours ago, Steven Kamradt said:

I believe that the experimental version of gExperts (or it was a patch you have to apply yourself) has an importer for its "favorite files".

It has been included in GExperts now. But to get it for now you will have to compile your own DLL.

Now i have released a new version of the WP-Plugin. Go to https://dwp.gksoft.ch to download them.

Also look at the known issues! The drag and drop does not yet work as I would like it to, because it still has errors in the TControlList

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, gkobler said:

Now i have released a new version of the WP-Plugin. Go to https://dwp.gksoft.ch to download them.

Also look at the known issues! The drag and drop does not yet work as I would like it to, because it still has errors in the TControlList

Thanks for providing this great news! Your plugin looks really good.

Do you have a page where issues can be reported? Found some...

1. Sorting Entries: Moving up/down is not stored in registry - after IDE restart sort order is the old one.
  2. Clicking on "Recently used" or "Favorites" causes an exception:
    Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 5A50E3D4 in Modul 'vcl280.bpl'. Lesen von Adresse 00000004.
  3. Error message when dropping an entry from "Recently used/Projects" to Favorites group "The Item "123.groupproj" are already in the List!" - Yes groupproj is already in list, but it's stored in a different folder. So duplicate validation should include path. 

Edited by Matthias

9 hours ago, Matthias said:

Thanks for providing this great news! Your plugin looks really good. 

Thanks a lot. :classic_biggrin:

9 hours ago, Matthias said:

Do you have a page where issues can be reported? Found some...

1. Sorting Entries: Moving up/down is not stored in registry - after IDE restart sort order is the old one.
  2. Clicking on "Recently used" or "Favorites" causes an exception:
    Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 5A50E3D4 in Modul 'vcl280.bpl'. Lesen von Adresse 00000004.
  3. Error message when dropping an entry from "Recently used/Projects" to Favorites group "The Item "123.groupproj" are already in the List!" - Yes groupproj is already in list, but it's stored in a different folder. So duplicate validation should include path. 

Have released a new version. Fixed issue 1 and 2. But 3 i can not reproduce the error. The Path are included for compare

On 9/14/2022 at 8:16 AM, gkobler said:

Have released a new version. Fixed issue 1 and 2. But 3 i can not reproduce the error. The Path are included for compare

Issue 1:  Folder sort order is still not saved in registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\WelcomePage\gksoft\Favorite 0 - x should be rewritten

Try to move a favorite folder up/down and check registry after closing IDE.

Tested with v1.0.0.2

@Matthias can you start DebugView.exe set the filter to

image.png.38df21fb1d50301b7cf788e615b377e5.png

And activate them

image.png.c6f8db94be0a4e0d2b697c646f7d2250.png

After that made your sorting in the Plugin, and safe the collected data to a file. Thanks

Plugin favorites (folder included) can be removed. IDE favorites should be maintained within IDE options.

2 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Plugin favorites (folder included) can be removed. IDE favorites should be maintained within IDE options.

OK, would have assumed as much, but it's good to know that there is no difficulty in reverting.

Recently Used Projects, within the plugin, doesn't seem to be kept up-to-date.

Edited by KenR