PeterPanettone

wuppdi Welcome Page for Delphi 11 Alexandria?

38 minutes ago, HeartWare said:

How do you make a sub-folder to an already existing folder in Favorite branch? Ie. I have a Favorite folder "Utils" under which I want to sub-divide my projects in "GUI" and "CLI", f.ex. When I click the "+" button, it always creates the new folder directly under Favorites. And when I try to Drag'n'Drop it into the correct folder, it just drags it to another position within the Favorites branch.

This is not supported. And was also not supported by the wuppdiWP.

39 minutes ago, HeartWare said:

Also, when I use Drag'n'Drop (after enabling it) from one favorite folder to another, it doesn't operate on the project I'm dragging, but always takes the top one from the source folder.

there are a bug in the TControlList (see RSP-38957). Just select what you would like to drop and then "enable drag'n drop"!

41 minutes ago, HeartWare said:

Also, when Drag'n'Dropping, it should MOVE the project instead of COPYing it (unless you hold down Ctrl when you drag - then it is a COPY operation, as per the standard Windows Drag'n'Drop).

This is also not supported by wuppdiWP, but i will look what i can do, but at the moment i'm very busy with other tasks

@gkobler Small Feature request 😉

Please extend file type filter in OpenDialog "Add a Delphi Project" ideally similar to IDE (screenshot 1):

Minimum should be

*.dpr
*.dpk
*.*

Typing error (screenshot 2)

Snag_6e5608.png

Snag_70d4b4.png

Edited by Matthias

@gkobler

Initial setup issue

There is an error message when installing WP.gksoftPlugin280.bpl via "Install Packages" for the first time (screenshot 1).

It seems that HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\WelcomePage\gksoft is only created if you add a favorite.
gksoft should be created if it is not found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\WelcomePage.

Snag_24e77e9.png

On 10/20/2022 at 6:27 PM, Matthias said:

Initial setup issue

There is an error message when installing WP.gksoftPlugin280.bpl via "Install Packages" for the first time (screenshot 1).

It seems that HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\WelcomePage\gksoft is only created if you add a favorite.
gksoft should be created if it is not found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\WelcomePage.

Snag_24e77e9.png

fixed in version 1.0.5.B17

Also fixed two RSP's see cange log at https://dwp.gksoft.ch

Interesting happening.

D11.2.

I have 20 odd projects in a 'Favourites' folder.

I compressed one of the projects folder because I copied it to a new folder and was working there on a modified version.

Did what I had to do.

Closed and restarted Delphi and all projects from and including the compressed project, were missing??  All twelve of them.

I had to reload them all again.  😞

I can understand, but not necessarily like, the compressed folder project being missing, but the rest??

Ian

Edited by Ian Branch

Hello @Ian Branch

I'm sorry to hear that, that the settings have been lost. But I can't explain the behavior through the plugin at the moment.

The data is stored in the registry under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\WelcomePage\gksoft", every time you make an adjustment. Be it inserting a new entry or deleting. Also it should be no problem if you delete a project, in the list the entry is still contained, but that does not matter. If you want to open the no longer existing project you will get an error message.

By the way: When starting Delphi, favorites are read from the registry. Is it possible that Delphi has regenerated the registry tree under "BDS" with default values, and thus the values under "WelcomePage" have been deleted? Did you maybe start Delphi with the parameter -r?

I save from time to time my settings with the Migrationtool, at https://dwp.gksoft.ch it is explained how this works. So you have a backup of your settings just in case.

Gregor

I have now backed up the settings per the migration tool.

No, I don't start Delphi with the -r parameter.

Now that Delphi 11.3 has been released, do you have an estimate on when you'll be able to release a version of your plugin that supports 11.3?

Now that Delphi 11.3 has been released, do you have an estimate on when you'll be able to release a version of your plugin that supports 11.3?

WP.gksoftPlugin280.bpl ...works, but the icons now imho 32x32 instead of 16x16. (Tree) :classic_unsure: I do not remember that they were so big. :classic_blush:

32.PNG

Edited by haentschman

1 hour ago, HeartWare said:

Hello i'm this and next week not in the office, but i will show what i can do to release a new version ASAP

22 minutes ago, haentschman said:

WP.gksoftPlugin280.bpl ...works, but the icons now imho 32x32 instead of 16x16. (Tree) :classic_unsure: I do not remember that they were so big. :classic_blush:

Will investigate them

I have now recompiled the WP Plugin with D11.3. It still looks exactly the same, there has been no change in appearance.

New Built 18 are ready to download

https://dwp.gksoft.ch

B18 issue: Tree background in dark mode is white again (v11.3).

And we still have large icons.

Snag_1d5eae3.png

Edited by Matthias

42 minutes ago, Matthias said:

B18 issue: Tree background in dark mode is white again (v11.3).

Fixed.. still the same Built 18, but newer file ready to download

43 minutes ago, Matthias said:

And we still have large icons.

I don't now how i can handle, because i have a VirtualImageList with different Iconsizes

image.thumb.png.8aacf907a95758afb283c7c60de47753.png

And the VirtualImageList is connected to the TreeView Component. I think this is handled by the IDE himself of the HDPI Settings, or somthing like this

The latest 'version' won't load into my D11.3. 😞

image.thumb.png.9dc2138844f071c8530e4e231be4fbb6.png

I have gone back to the previous version which loads fine.

Ian

7 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

The latest 'version' won't load into my D11.3. 😞

Could you try the B19 please. I can not explain this, with me it runs without problems.

2 minutes ago, Ian Branch said:

Nope.  Same issue.  😞

Could it be that an older BPL file still exists somewhere else on the PC?

I deleted ALL of the WP.xxxx.bpl files, redownloaded it, added it to Delphi, same issue.

30 minutes ago, Ian Branch said:

Will you be doing one for D12??

Are you asking a theoretical question or in the wrong forum?