PeterPanettone

Parnassus Bookmarks for Delphi 11 Alexandria?

It is David Millington that wrote this, and I think I am right in saying they usually get updated a few weeks after each release. He will have been focused on the D11 launch until now.

8 hours ago, corneliusdavid said:

Bookmarks and Navigator are my favorite Delphi IDE plugins

Once you get used to it, you can't do without these plugins. I hope they will also add a single keyboard shortcut to show the Bookmarks panel.

I tried the Navigator. But on the right, he showed me a panel with unreadable lines. I was unable to do anything about it. Maybe I didn't understand something.
I'll make do with MMX.

Not. I will try it. I knew you had to look at the instructions:classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Stano said:

But on the right, he showed me a panel with unreadable lines.

Do you mean the MINIMAP? That is a feature of advanced text editors like UltraEdit: A reduced preview of the entire text.

But the best feature for me is to be able to quickly drop a stack-based bookmark, move anywhere, then simply hit Esc to go back where you were.

6 minutes ago, BruceTTTT said:

But the best feature for me is to be able to quickly drop a stack-based bookmark, move anywhere, then simply hit Esc to go back where you were.

YES! I use this multiple times a day.

I did not like its stack based bookmarks as those were caret bookmarks AFAIR.

So I wrote a plugin for Parnassus bookmark which turns the normal bookmarks to stack-bookmarks.

Sadly the plugin API is somewhat limited so the plugin not a beauty, lot of workarounds.

The only drawback it has, on closing and opening files with active bookmarks, there could be some interference which occurs sometimes.

But it works for me, I'm only using only one shortcut to add/remove bookmarks, it's the ctrl-shift-1.

If the bookmark "1" is nearby when I press ctrl-shift-1, it moves the bookmark, if I press it on the bookmark "5", it deletes 1-4 and 5 becomes 1 (cuts the snake)

On every new "1" bookmark the others are incremented. etc...

Now @David Millington gave away his plugin to embarcadero and they removed its plugin support officially. (Yes, plugin in plugin)

The Plugin API was removed with its manual and its examples. Perhaps nobody knows anymore it existed.

So I think there will be another 60 Years needed to have a bookmark for Delphi which makes sense.

This 0-9 on every file is somewhat 80's.

They should hire more innovative ppl. younger than 65. Sorry guys, but it's true.

Edited by Attila Kovacs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Attila Kovacs said:

Now @David Millington gave away his plugin to embarcadero and they removed its plugin support officially.

Does this mean that there will be no more Parnassus Bookmarks for Delphi 11 Alexandria?

On 9/21/2021 at 6:16 AM, Martin Sedgewick said:

It is David Millington that wrote this, and I think I am right in saying they usually get updated a few weeks after each release. He will have been focused on the D11 launch until now.

Another vote here for David to get the time to update the plugin.  I'm so accustomed to using his great Bookmark tool that it's really frustrating to have to wait.  

It would be nice if Emb actually staffed the RAD Studio team so that things like this (and so many others) didn't get delayed. 

• Like 5

One more, Parnassus bookmarks and navigator are brilliant.

OK - so now its about a month since Delphi 11 was releasedand still no sign of these plugins. It's not exactly a great advert for the Getit system (which was supposed to make it much easier to distribute Delphi components and addins) that even Embarcadero hasn't been able to recompile its own tools for distribution after so long.  At least they released the KSVC components after a few weeks.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Heaps said:

that even Embarcadero hasn't been able to recompile its own tools for distribution after so long

Probably there are reasons...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And to twist the knife even deeper... I received a marketing email from Embarcadero today focusing on the Parnassus Navigator, saying how its available via getit, but in reality, no.... still nothing for Delphi 11... just 10.4.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/25/2021 at 9:59 PM, Uwe Raabe said:

Probably there are reasons...

When there are reasons, there should be public information - but there is just silence.

• Like 8