billyb

IOS 15 suppoort

One of my customers updated to IOS 15 and cannot run our FMX app.

When I checked the embarcadero web site it shows only support to IOS 14.

Is there a way to suport IOS 15.

I am running delphi 10.4 update 2.

Does the new version of Delphi 11 support IOS 15?

Bill

3 hours ago, billyb said:

One of my customers updated to IOS 15 and cannot run our FMX app

Define "cannot run", as in - are there any errors? Does the app start?

Incidentally, I'm updating my device today (backing it up with iOS 14.8 first) as well as checking out Xcode 13

Dave,

I just got an email saying that when the customer tried to run our program they got an error telling him it needs to be updated to be compatible.

When I asked it program ran after the error message i was told no. I have no further info.

I am upgrading one of my ipads to IOS 15 to see what happens and will post the results.

My program runs fine on IOS 14.8

Let me know how it goes with your update.

Thank you

Bill B

6 hours ago, billyb said:

Let me know how it goes with your update.

After I updated my phone to iOS 15.0, the apps that were already on it, compiled with Delphi 10.4.2 using iOS 14.5 SDK, ran without any warnings.

Xcode 13 is now installed, and I was able to import the iOS 15.0 SDK. EDIT: As per this report on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/137012246341854/posts/4389107827798920

App Store builds using Xcode 13 FAIL. Dev builds are OK. I'm looking into why the App Store build fails

EDIT 2: App Store builds work if Release config is selected. I'm pretty sure that in earlier versions of Xcode, it did not matter if Debug config was used.

A word of warning about installing Xcode 13: When I used the App Store app on the Mac to update Xcode, it spent a couple of hours "stuck" at around the 95% mark. I ended up restarting my machine, and it went back to around 75%:

image.thumb.png.ba2ad740aa6ce88150af83a6cfba8b25.png

I waited another hour or so, and it did not move, so I gave up, and downloaded Xcode 13 from the developer site:

https://developer.apple.com/download/release/

The link to the released version of Xcode 13 seems to have disappeared from that link at the moment - hopefully it will re-appear. Anyway, I made a backup of Xcode 12.5.1 in my /Applications folder first, and after downloading Xcode 13, opened a command-line window and executed this:

cd /Applications
sudo xip -x [path_to_download]/Xcode_13.xip

Where [path_to_download] is the path that I downloaded Xcode 13 to. This unarchives Xcode 13 into the /Applications folder. sudo is required for permissions to unarchive to /Applications

Edited by Dave Nottage
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

The link to the released version of Xcode 13 seems to have disappeared from that link at the moment - hopefully it will re-appear. Anyway, I made a backup of Xcode 12.5.1 in my /Applications folder first, and after downloading Xcode 13, opened a command-line window and executed this:

There seems to be more general problem with updating Xcode.

Just few days ago I spent 6 hours installing Xcode 12.5.1 It managed to finish only after I deleted old Xcode from applications folder and cleared the trash. 

• Sad 1

Yes I found that XCode being upgraded from the AppStore is sometimes, not always, a pain, taking hours to finalize the latest 2%.
But it always eventually fully upgraded.
Now it's unknown why it takes so much time, not being related to a relatively quick download, it's really the upgrade process that seems screwed.

I do not seem to be able to locate xcode 12.5.1 to download when I login as Apple developer or the app store.

Xcode 12.4 does not allow me to copy .IPA files to Ipad with IOS 15.

Will I be able to copy IPA files if I upgrade to 12.5.1?

I only have delphi 10.4 and not ready to update to delphi 11 (Too many 3rd party components)

I saw several links in google but not apple site links for 12.5.1 any recomendations?

Bill B

Should have asked before, Can update to Xcode 13 and sill use Delphi 10.4 or do I have to also update to Delphi 11?

Bill

12 hours ago, sjordi said:

it's really the upgrade process that seems screwed

With the direct download method I used, it took around 30-40 minutes total to update

4 hours ago, billyb said:

Should have asked before, Can update to Xcode 13 and sill use Delphi 10.4 or do I have to also update to Delphi 11?

I'm using Xcode 13 also with Delphi 10.4.2 and it appears to be working OK, aside from the issue mentioned earlier about deploying for App Store when using Debug config.

OK, got it to compile, link and install my IOS Ipad app using Xcode 13.0 sdk 14.5 $(BDSPLATFORMSDKSDIR)\iPhoneOS14.5.sdk.

App works correctly on IOS 14.8 and IOS 15.

But when I tried to use "Update Local File Cache" option for the 14.5 SDK, I Get Directory does not exist: /Users/brianperconti/Desktop/Xcode 12.5.1.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS.sdk/usr/include/

Makes me believe I am not using latest files from my mac. Also the Users/name is wrong (Matches to older mac that I used before)

Bill 

On 9/22/2021 at 12:30 AM, billyb said:

Dave,

I just got an email saying that when the customer tried to run our program they got an error telling him it needs to be updated to be compatible.

When I asked it program ran after the error message i was told no. I have no further info.

I am upgrading one of my ipads to IOS 15 to see what happens and will post the results.

My program runs fine on IOS 14.8

After I upgrade iOS I have many 3rd party apps that won't launch with the same error message. Each time I say "Oh no! I need them!". 
I uninstall them and re-install them and they just plain work without anything done differently.

Steve, this is not a component issue. this is the option to update local file cache when viewing the IOS sdk 14.5

Bill

On 10/12/2021 at 9:59 AM, Vince Bartlett said:

Got the same issue.

image.png.ffd057927f81478ab9ca75c0f9461319.png

This is what the customer sees.

The weird thing for me is my phone updated to iOS 15 and the app still ran.

Did you solve the problem?