Angus Robertson

Lost the Build Groups pane in D11.0

From the projects window, when I click Show Build Groups pane, the projects tree view disappears but no new pane appears, it worked when I first installed D11.0, but I must have done something to make it disappear.  The tree view is supposed to shrink and another pane appear.  The build groups still exist because I can not create a new one with the old name.

Angus

Can you show a screenshot? 

Nothing to see, the project tree disappears, the toolbar remains, but the pane goes blank, but the right click menu shows the actions for the build pane, like new group.  I've used Build Groups in D11 many times over the two months including RTM, it only disappeared last week when I was trying to get rid of extraneous windows. 

Angus

A quick check didn't show that behavior, but the missing information is: It happens only when there already are build groups defined in the project group. For a new project group you can create and edit build groups until you close and re-open the project group. Once the error appears it will persist even with new project groups until the IDE is started again.

Would you please file a report in QP for that?

Thanks, Build Groups pane came back after a restart.  Should have tried that earlier, had three different versions of Delphi open at the same time. 

Angus

6 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

It happens only when there already are build groups defined in the project group

Not for me. I had never used Build Groups before, opened a project group, clicked the Build Groups button and saw the Project pane go blank.

That was last night. Tried it again this morning and it works fine. Defined a Build Group, compiled, closed down Delphi 11, brought it back up, reopened the Build Group--still see it.

That was weird but at least it works again.