PeterPanettone

Strange text artifacts in Uses Clause Manager

6 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

Delphi 11 Alexandria, Windows 10.

That was my guess, but unfortunately that's not nearly sufficient:

What are your monitor(s) resolution and DPI? Which is the primary monitor and which is the one the IDE is on and which is the one with the Uses Clause Manager window?

What has DPI and screen resolution to do with these artifacts in the Uses Clause Manager? That looks like superimposed texts. No other IDE part shows these artifacts.

Edited by PeterPanettone

However, what is good news in the Uses Clause Manager: When calling the Uses Clause Manager dialog, the list of identifiers now is shown VERY QUICKLY. In previous versions, that was very slow. What trick did you use, to get it faster?

13 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

What has DPI and screen resolution to do with these artifacts in the Uses Clause Manager? That looks like superimposed texts. No other IDE part shows these artifacts.

It doesn't happen here, so something must be different. And since I fixed it for older Delphi versions it is most likely caused by the changes I made to support high DPI.

11 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

However, what is good news in the Uses Clause Manager: When calling the Uses Clause Manager dialog, the list of identifiers now is shown VERY QUICKLY. In previous versions, that was very slow. What trick did you use, to get it faster?

I improved the code checking and reading the cache files. It no longer uses TStringList.LoadFromFile but reads the whole file into a buffer and converts it. But that change is really old actually.