Sign in to follow this  
wuwuxin

Code formatter question

Delphi 11 -

For inline variables,  the code formatter would insert a break line after var - is there any fix for that?

When can this be fixed? Delphi 11 still has this problem.

1. You don't have to tell them that the problem still exists. They know that they haven't fixed it.
  2. You won't get any meaningful answer to your question.

43 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:

They know that they haven't fixed it.

You can't really expect a new feature like that to be implemented in under 3 years.. /s

• Haha 1

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-28948

See note from Marco on RSP-28948: May 14, 2020 "The formatter is not related with CodeInsight and LSP and is an area we plan addressing next."

The recently released RAD Studio 11 now only offers LSP for CodeInsight (classic codeinsight has been retired) so I hope that project is now considered 'done' and I would also hope that a new code formatter is on deck.

11 minutes ago, Darian Miller said:

The recently released RAD Studio 11 now only offers LSP for CodeInsight (classic codeinsight has been retired) so I hope that project is now considered 'done' and I would also hope that a new code formatter is on deck.

I think you have the relationship reversed, and meant to write that CodeInsight is only operative with LSP. 

As reported above, the problem is present in RAD Studio 11. No doubt that is why the case cited is marked "unresolved."