wuwuxin

Warning on depreciated symbol, Delphi 11

When building the lib with Delphi 11, I got the following warning:

[dcc64 Warning] PythonEngine.pas(99): W1000 Symbol 'pidAndroid32Arm' is deprecated: 'Use pidAndroidArm32'
[dcc64 Warning] PythonEngine.pas(99): W1000 Symbol 'pidAndroid64Arm' is deprecated: 'Use pidAndroidArm64'

I guess - it is only cosmetic but can this be fixed?

3 hours ago, wuwuxin said:

I guess - it is only cosmetic but can this be fixed?

Other than by changing line 99 in PythonEngine.pas?

17 hours ago, wuwuxin said:

I guess - it is only cosmetic

Actually, several new ComponentPlatform enum values were introduced and old values were deprecated:

RTL adds a new platform identifier, “pidOSXArm64” for the macOS/Arm64 platform.

Also, the existing pidAndroid32Arm identifier is now obsolete. It is replaced by the new pidAndroidArm32, as we have normalized all platform names:

All platform related identifiers use the same format and order of the compilers:

<Platform name> <Architecture name> <Bitness>

Historically, the compilers like to select a shorter name ( like DCC32, DCC64 ) And we usually omitted the bitness field for the 32bit platforms. ( like DCCIOSARM. DCCAARM ) Also, we use “A” and “iossim” for “Android” and “iOS Simulator” to avoid longer compiler names.

We want to use the same rules for “Platform Identifiers”.
Almost all identifiers are in the same order as the compiler naming already. We know that both DCC32.exe and pidWin32 omit some fields from the general rule. However, the order of the fields is consistent.

The only exceptions are Android platforms. At 10.4.2, we use pidAndroid32Arm and pidAndroid64Arm for platform identifier, but the compiler has DCCAARM.exe and DCCAARM64.exe. To keep the order of naming the same, we changed them to pidAndroidArm32 and pidAndroidArm64

We will not be removing deprecated identifiers such as pidAndroid and pisiOSDevice for the time being.

In this release, we are adding a new platform variant, macOS/Arm64. We would like to clean up the platform identifiers in this release, considering the new macOS/Arm64 and future platforms.

14 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Other than by changing line 99 in PythonEngine.pas?

Or you can use {$WARN SYMBOL_DEPRECATED OFF} in the code.

• Like 1