David Schwartz

video streaming question

Someone posed the following problem:

You have two video cameras. Camera #1 is focused on a person seated in a chair against some static background. Camera #2 is focused on something else (eg, waves on the beach)

Step #1: identify the person vs. the background in video stream #1;  and then, Step #2 replace the background with the video stream from camera #2 and display the composited video stream. (audio would be from camera #1.)

I know Zoom lets you pick a static image or even a short video clip and use it as the background on your main camera.

It does not let you use a second live video stream, but I suspect that this wouldn't be difficult to substitute for the looped video snippet.

Is anybody familiar enough with video libraries and resources to know if there's a way to do that easily with existing libraries somewhere that work with Delphi?

Sorry, to clariy further: I'm wondering about building a mobile app in Delphi, possibly a web app. OBS is a desktop app.

Edited by David Schwartz

4 hours ago, David Schwartz said:

You have two video cameras. Camera #1 is focused on a person seated in a chair against some static background. Camera #2 is focused on something else (eg, waves on the beach)

If you plan on doing this with a mobile phone then just turn the chair around and record the person against the live background... It's called a selfie I hear 🙂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Anders Melander said:

If you plan on doing this with a mobile phone then just turn the chair around and record the person against the live background... It's called a selfie I hear 🙂

And of course you don't even need selfie mode on the camera since you can simply turn the phone around and point the camera at yourself. That eliminates the need for the second camera. Or just use a separate camera entirely and dump the cameras from the cell phone. It's a PHONE after all, right?

2 hours ago, David Schwartz said:

And of course you don't even need selfie mode on the camera since you can simply turn the phone around and point the camera at yourself

Perfect for making images contain partial faces!