misc_bb

Reinstalling Delphi 10.4 after PC Crashed

In the most important time bad things happens and my PC crashed all of a sudden and Windows Recovery is not helping either, giving only the option to reformat. We have a licensed for Delphi 10.4 but we decided not to renew subscription. Now after OS installation, I need to re-install Delphi again then I get this error that I need to update my subscription? Am I not allowed to use my Delphi license again?

MicrosoftTeams-image (9).png

Edited by misc_bb

Did you reinstalled the same Delphi version that you had before and for which you have a license key?

By the way, you should have a backup of your system and restore that backup. That way all your software would be still installed and registered. Now, once your system is up and running again with all important and costly software reinstalled, you'll start to backup it regularly. I suggest you use a tool like Macrium Reflect to create images and rescue disk. Of course you need [removable] disk with same capacity.

• Like 1

Yeah, I do have some backup of my source code but the installation and the other apps are not. I'll probably need another drive for this. I am now working on reinstalling it again based on the original Delphi version. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Der schöne Günther said:

Fixed that for you

It's a common misconception that all software development should and can be done in virtual machines.

• Thanks 2

The most affordable disk image solution is the one that comes with Windows 10/11, 'Backup and Restore (Windows 7)' which does full images every night here.

Angus

I'd go with CloneZilla for image backups. There is no GUI but it's simple to use, once you understood how it works.

Had successful experience with freeware DriveXML. And I also transferred W7 from one PC to completely another with built-in Windows tool Angus mentioned

• Like 1