Walter Campelo

Error deploying IOS Release App

Dear friends:

I am using Delphi 10.4.2 to compile an application for Android and for iOS.
For Android it has already been published on Google Play.

For iOS I can compile and run the application in development mode on an iPad (4th generation).
I created all the certificates and also created a provisioning for the App with Apple through my developer account.

But, when I go to perform the deployment I get the following error:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 2021-10-18 20:57:41.276 xcodebuild[28696:1176276] [MT] DVTPlugInManager: Required plug-in compatibility UUID 42E1F17B-27B3-4DE8-92A8-DC76BA4F5921 for DVTCoreGlyphs.framework (com.apple.dt.DVTCoreGlyphs) not present

Does anyone know how to solve this?
Reminding that you just need to change the setting to "development" and the App runs on the iPad without problems.

Best Regards!

1 hour ago, Walter Campelo said:

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Which version of Xcode are you using? Can you do a Clean first, then Build/Deploy?

7 hours ago, Walter Campelo said:

XCode 13.0

There's a known issue with Xcode 13: https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-35701

However it's a different error message to the one you're seeing. Regarding the above issue, please see: 

The workaround may or may not resolve your issue. Your problem may be a new issue in that Xcode 13 beta.

I only can say:

Try to never use XCode "Betas", better always wait until the version is stable.

They can cause a lot of issues, and can also make your whole environment unusable, by possibly enforcing further (beta) updates on iOS.

Well, I uninstalled the XCode Beta (clearing all cache files, preferences, etc ...) and installed the stable XCode that is distributed by the App Store, and then the Command Line Tools downloaded directly from Apple's site.
In Delphi I deleted all the SDKs (both MacOSX and iOS) and also deleted the Connection Profile. 
After testing the correct operation of XCode both to generate programs on iOS and Mac, I ran again the PAServer.

Then I created a new Connection Profile.

Now, when I try to install the SDKs again, Delphi selects Command Line Tools as the SDK version (for Mac) and for iOS Delphi says there is no SDK...

What to do now????

When you start XCode,

open the menu Windows/Devices and Simulators/ page,

then plug in your iPHone device

do you see the iPhones info popping up in this page ?

If not, maybe some settings were missing, like the registration of your device in the AppStore, the provisioning files, etc.

Not sure if you have a full Apple account already, or if you just first time playing with this stuff ?

Yes, XCode is recognizing my iPad without any problems in the device window.

I am a fully qualified Apple developer, and I have all the certificates and profiles installed.

Everything was running smoothly except for generating the App Store deploy file. And this was probably because my XCode was beta.
So I uninstalled the XCode beta (and also deleted all its settings and cache).
And I installed XCode from the App Store, and from that point Delphi no longer recognizes the SDKs.

This is all quite annoying

Guys:

The SDK problem was solved running the following command at Terminal on Mac:

sudo xcode-select --switch "/applications/Xcode.app"

However, after that, I am back to the initial problem, however, with a new error message.
That is, I can run the app in Development mode, but I cannot generate the IPA for the App Store, because I get the following error message:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 Unable to execute '"/usr/bin/xcrun" -sdk iphoneos PackageApplication -v "/Users/xxxxx/PAServer/scratch-dir/MacOS BigSur/XXXXX.app" -o "/Users/xxxxx/PAServer/scratch-dir/MacOS BigSur/XXXXX. ipa" -sign "Apple Distribution: Walter Campelo (XXXXXXXXXXXX)" --embed "/Users/xxxxx/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.mobileprovision"' (Error 72)

And the problem is that this construction used by Delphi is deprecated.

According to the information I could find here:

https://subathrathanabalan.com/2016/01/07/building-ipa-export-archive/

The right way to do that would be this:

# Archive the application
xcodebuild \
-scheme "${SCHEME_NAME}" \
-sdk "${TARGET_SDK}" \
-archivePath "${PROJECT_BUILDDIR}/${SCHEME_NAME}.xcarchive" \
-configuration Release
PROVISIONING_PROFILE="${PROVISIONING_PROFILE}" \
archive 

# Export the archive to an ipa
xcodebuild
-exportArchive
-archivePath "${PROJECT_BUILDDIR}/${SCHEME_NAME}.xcarchive" \
-exportOptionsPlist "${EXPORT_PLIST}" \
-exportPath "${BUILD_OUTPUT_DIR}" 

Is there any information about this issue already available?

Edited by Walter Campelo

32 minutes ago, Walter Campelo said:

Is there any information about this issue already available?

PAServer does issue the xcodebuild commands that you referred to, when building an IPA for App Store. Using PackageApplication was removed after Xcode 8.3 was released, so either PAServer thinks you have Xcode 8.2 or earlier, or you actually do have that on your machine. On your Mac, in a command line (Terminal) window, can you run:

/usr/bin/xcodebuild -version

and report the results?

Edited by Dave Nottage

34 minutes ago, Walter Campelo said:

sudo xcode-select --switch "/applications/Xcode.app"

Also, the above command should have been:

sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

Hi Dave...

The result was:

$ /usr/bin/xcodebuild -version
Xcode 13.0
Build version 13A233

I also issued the

sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

And, unfortunately, this has not changed the error message during the build for the App Store...

[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 Unable to execute '"/usr/bin/xcrun" -sdk iphoneos PackageApplication -v "/Users/xxxxx/PAServer/scratch-dir/MacOS BigSur/XXXXX.app" -o "/Users/xxxxx/PAServer/scratch-dir/MacOS BigSur/XXXXX. ipa" -sign "Apple Distribution: Walter Campelo (XXXXXXXXXXXX)" --embed "/Users/xxxxx/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.mobileprovision"' (Error 72)

Edited by Walter Campelo

Ok, guys.... An update:

I solve the problem with Delphi calling PackageApplication by deploying a blank app with XCode. After that Delphi start calling the right routine.

But, I'm now experiencing another error:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 2021-10-23 15:00:43.694 xcodebuild[1230:32509] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path "/var/folders/q0/xxxxx/T/xxxxxxx.xcdistributionlogs".
[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 2021-10-23 15:00:44.288 xcodebuild[1230:32589] CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicy_block_invoke: no longer implemented and should not be called
[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 Exported FaithfulBible to: /Users/xxxxx/PAServer/scratch-dir/MacOS BigSur/xxxxx.archive/temp

Does anyone know about this issue?

1 hour ago, Walter Campelo said:

Does anyone know about this issue?

That is probably the issue I mentioned earlier in this thread.

On 10/23/2021 at 4:58 PM, Dave Nottage said:

That is probably the issue I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Yes, exactly!!!

I installed both Mosco and Codex and used the workaround for Delphi and finally generated the IPA!

Thanks a lot, Dave! You are a lifesaver!

Best Regards

Edited by Walter Campelo
  • Thanks 1

Team

My issue context is listed here

Delphi 10.4.2 CE tried to deploy IOS64 ipa on Iphone 6SP - 15.3.1 version. Once deployed without an errors, app is get closed immediately while try to open.

My MacOS details -> MacOs Monterey 12.3 + Xcode13.2.1 + PAS Version 12.2.10.3

I got the 'Crash report'  info in Xcode page - view device logs ->Reason: tried : '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python' but I could see the Python info in '/Library/...'. 

Please advise what is the fix of the reported issue

thanks

Param

Me too.  PA Server is trying to use the python frameworks path directly.  Apple has been saying they would remove this sometime since 2020.  Embarcadero did nothing to upgrade from the 2.7?  Now I cannot run in debug mode or anything.  Any way to get the frameworks back or a revision to PAServer?