Berocoder

Conflict with TestInsight

I think I found some kind of conflict between TestInsight and MMX Explorer.

I have installed Delphi 11 in a VmWare WorkStation VM.

Installed TestInsight from https://files.spring4d.com/TestInsight/1.2.0.1/TestInsightSetup.zip
Run installer and verified it works fine on a test-project
Next install MMX Explorer from https://www.mmx-delphi.de/download/338/

Now I run TestInsight on the testproject and it looks like this
image.thumb.png.522fed3f56862fb585a59aa23a2d1091.png

So it just show an empty window. No result from the tests.
I have the same problem in Delphi 10.4.2.

I like both plugins and want them to cooperate better.
Anyone with similar experience ?

Regards

Roland Bengtsson

Edited by Berocoder

Quick shot. Do have the structure pane enabled/visible even if 'hidden' by/behind for example the object inspector tool window? If yes, does the behavior change, if you hide it?

I cannot reproduce here, neither in Delphi 11 nor in Delphi 10.4.2. The only difference is that I installed both plugins the other way round.

image.thumb.png.1acfb9e3abf73f87e61ac9bafb2f33ec.pngimage.thumb.png.380ad6927249cf77a93ed8f3b8a7dda1.png

One could bitch about the incomplete High DPI support of the TestInsight window, but that is a rather minor issue.

Howdy Uwe,

I had a similar issue, we had a short talk here. I thought GExperts was causing the issue with MMX Explorer not drawing the panel in the middle where users can add classes for example.

After having disabled or hidden the Structure Pane (provided by Delphi) that the Structure Pane sometimes takes a while to analyze the file and you or Gerrit stopped to populate this panel. Not sure about the real reason. As far as I remember not doing so has something do with the Structure Pane starting to use mulit-threading in order to analyze the files and/or it took so/too long before until it returned in some cases without making use of threads. I think Gerrit once wrote in a thread in the forums  something like having both view populated wouldn't make lots of sense if populating one already takes too long.

Maybe there is a common cause that the panels don't get updated.

I knew the blank TestInsight window already from the past without having had MMX Explorer installed.

I also don't think the problem lies in having these both add-ons oder add-ins combined. I have experienced no problem so far, even if I rarely make use of both even 'standalone'.

Michael

16 minutes ago, MichaelT said:

As far as I remember not doing so has something do with the Structure Pane starting to use mulit-threading in order to analyze the files and/or it took so/too long before until it returned in some cases without making use of threads.

Well, that may indeed be problematic. The fact that I have a 16 core machine may hide that here. I will think of something to make the multi-threading optional, but there always has to be at least one thread besides the main one.

• Like 1