RaelB

Moving from Per Monitor V1 to V2

Hi,

I ask this question because I don't have 2 monitors so I can't test this for myself.

Is moving from Per Monitor V1 to Per Monitor V2 "only good and no bad", or does one need to take care of certain things when making the move?

By "only good and no bad", I mean there will be advantages, however, if certain V2 related events are not handled, the behaviour will default to V1 behaviour..

Thanks

Rael

52 minutes ago, RaelB said:

if certain V2 related events are not handled, the behaviour will default to V1 behaviour..

Not quite. If you declare your program as Per Monitor V2 aware you have to implement it this way. Otherwise things will probably look a bit ugly.

Most of these events are handled by the VCL, but you should expect a few remaining problems - just be prepared.

I would suggest that before you claim to support pmv2 you should add a second monitor which you can run at a different DPI, and test everything. This is the best way to be confident that your users will find no surprises in your software. But even then if the user setup differs from yours, it may not be enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1