Eric Bonilha

iOS 15.1

Hello

I have a current issue with our app that is not working properly with iOS 15 and iPhone 12 and 13 (Any other works fine)... 

So, I updated my tools and the phone I use for development. I'm using XCode 13.1 and Delphi 11 with the latest patch from today applied and an iPhone 7 with iOS 15.1

I'm trying to deploy a BLANK application for testing the new tools and while the compilation and deployment works, as soon as the app runs, it crashes (blank, empty form).

When debugging, I got an Error 6 while app is initializing. "Project1 raised exception class 6"

This problem happens both with Delphi 10.4.2 and Delphi 11... 

Is it because of the new iOS 15? Have you guys had this issue already? iOS 15.1 was just released today and I couldn't update my development phone to 15.0.2 that is what my customers complained about, so I had to update to 15.1

4 hours ago, Eric Bonilha said:

When debugging, I got an Error 6 while app is initializing. "Project1 raised exception class 6"

I wasn't having any issues with iOS 15.0.2. Just updated my device to iOS 15.1, and everything is still working OK so far. Delphi 11, Xcode 13.0, iOS 15.0 SDK

• Like 1

XCode 13 does not support iOS 15.1. You need XCode 13.1 andnot sure if that will then work with Delphi 11 patch.

Ken, I'm using XCode 13.1

Everything in the compilation and deployment goes smooth but when running the application it crashes

Dave, Maybe it could be the XCode, but I don't know if I can downgrade to 13.0 from 13.1 as I'm using XCode 13.1 because that is what was available to me.. 
I noticed that the apps that were previously compiled works on iOS 15.1 but if I try to make a new app, blank form, with this toolchain (Delphi 11, XCode 13.1 for iOS 15.1 on iPhone 7) then the app crashes. I will try on another iPhone just in case and will try to downgrade XCode

I got the same results with XCode 13.0...

Blank application is compiled, deployed to the phone, but it crashes when it opens.. I will try on another iphone now

Same results with iPhone 11... the blank app just crahes when opening.. in fact I can't even debug it because it crashes before Application.Initialize is even called

I get the same. Surely they must have tested the patch with a new project!

10 hours ago, KenR said:

You need XCode 13.1 and not sure if that will then work with Delphi 11 patch

2 hours ago, KenR said:

I get the same

Works fine here.

3 hours ago, Eric Bonilha said:

the blank app just crashes when opening.. in fact I can't even debug it because it crashes before Application.Initialize is even called

Please make sure you don't have any source files in the path that shouldn't be. Starting/compiling/deploying a blank app works fine for me, using Xcode 13.1, Delphi 11, iOS 15.1 on my device.

Dave, thanks... something I didn't mention is that I had to upgrade to Monterey and apparently its not supported by Delphi... I couldn't update to XCode 13 on Catalina, and couldn't upgrade directly to Big Sur, but I found out that I can upgrade manually.. so, I'm formatting my Mac again with original Catalina, then I will upgrade manually to Big Sur and try again.. 

Eric, what version of your PAServer? Is it 13.0.12.0? I couldn't confirm it, but someone reported in a whatsapp group that the PAServer patch 1 link on my.embarcadero.com is the link of the old version, 13.0.11.9...

So if that's your case, install the patch via getit and use the new PAServer which will be in the RADStudio directory.

10 hours ago, vfbb said:

Eric, what version of your PAServer? Is it 13.0.12.0? I couldn't confirm it, but someone reported in a whatsapp group that the PAServer patch 1 link on my.embarcadero.com is the link of the old version, 13.0.11.9...

So if that's your case, install the patch via getit and use the new PAServer which will be in the RADStudio directory.

I downloaded and the PAServer patch shortly after it was made available and can confirm that it is 13.0.12.0

• Like 1

Its working now...

I had to format my Mac and install Big Sur manually (I was using Monterey).. then I installed XCode 13.0 and now the application works fine

Hi , i have the same problem. New Mac, clean, with monterey, xcode 13.1 and ipad with ios 15.1 ; blank app give an error, 

it seems not found some libs. 

"

Platform: remote-ios  Connected: no   SDK Path: "/Users/gdp/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport/15.1 (19B74)/Symbols"  Process Project1 (603)
Current executable set to '/Users/gdp/PAServer/scratch-dir/Diego-Mac GDP/Project1.app' (arm64).  Process Project1 (603)
target.max-children-count (int) = 256  Process Project1 (603)
Module Load: Project1. Has Debug Info. Base Address: $0000000100DC0000. Process Project1 (603)
Module Load: dyld. No Debug Info. Base Address: $0000000102C54000. Process Project1 (603)
dyld[603]: Library not loaded: \xc0\xb3\xd5\xa3\xe8Q Process Project1 (603)
  Referenced from: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/01D68E28-039C-4ED9-A0DB-F7B341D005EA/Project1.app/Project1 Process Project1 (603)
  Reason: tried: '\xc0\xb3\xd5\xa3\xe8Q' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/\xc0\xb3\xd5\xa3\xe8Q' (no such file), '/usr/lib/\xc0\xb3\xd5\xa3\xe8Q' (no such file), '//\xc0\xb3\xd5\xa3\xe8Q' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/\xc0\xb3\xd5\xa3\xe8Q' (no such file), '/usr/lib/\xc0\xb3\xd5\xa3\xe8Q' (no such file) Process Project1 (603)
First chance exception at $0000000102C969B4. Exception class 6. Process Project1 (603)
"

Edited by DiegoR

11 hours ago, DiegoR said:

i have the same problem.

Apparently it's an issue with debugging iOS apps when using Monterey. Unfortunately it seems the current workaround is to use an earlier version of macOS 😞

Edited by Dave Nottage

gasp, i reinstalled all with bigsur, but i have the same error.  😞

i'll try to recreate my certificate from scratch, maybe import the existent from my old mac gives some problem... 😕

edit: deleting local sdk file and re-downloading them solve the problem.

it seems passerver with monterey lost some files.

Team

Do we have any progress status to fix the issue?

I just tried Macos 12.1 Monterey + Xcode13.2.1 in Iphone IOS 15.2.1. While deployment no error/warnings where as tried to open a app "Project1 raised exception class 6" '/usr/local/lib/' error caused. Please let me know your input/views on this

12 hours ago, param said:

Please let me know your input/views on this

If you haven't installed either the November or January patch, install that, then re-import the iOS SDK.

Hi 

thanks Dave N, I am sorry for the belated communication was heldup with other critical challenges. Yes it seems now fixed but which I deployed the app in IPhone without error, but app is not opening/immediately get closed. Could you please thrown up some workaround/solution.

Now my framework config is => Macos 12.3 Monterey + Xcode13.2.1 in Iphone IOS 15.3.1. 

Following...
I have the same problem with macOS and macOS ARM.

Current config:

Delphi 11 plus November and January patch
MacOS Monterey 12.4
Xcode 13.4.1 (replace with 12.5.1, 13.0, you name it, all combinations tried) 

Update:

Reformatted the Mac, installed maOS Big Sur, an older version of Xcode. Things now work as advertised with Delphi 11. But I am wondering what the underlying problem is and if anyone has managed to make this configuration work. The Mac is an M1 (2020), not an Intel machine.

This configuration works:

Hardware: M1 (2020) Mac running macOS Big Sur
Xcode 13.2

Not working configuration:

Hardware: M1 (2020) Mac running macOS Monterey
Xcode 12.5.1 / 13.0 / 13.2 / 13.4.1
  • Like 1