Dave Nottage

JEDI VCS add-in for Delphi

I have a client who is using JEDI VCS and would like to use the add-in for Delphi, however there is as yet no version for Delphi 11. They have attempted to contact Uwe Schuster, however there has been no response.

Does anyone know whether anyone has access to the source that can build the add-in for Delphi 11?

Now would probably a good time to switch to something else. We did that about 15 years ago.

Even if they find somebody that solves their problem this time, there is no guarantee that somebody will be able or willing to help out again.

I just looked and could not find a link to the source code, it's not on sourceforge either, maybe it's on GitHub.

Edited by dummzeuch
  • Like 1

I loved JEDI VCS, but that ship has sailed so long ago. Just use this opportunity to jump in some fresh clean water.

• Like 1

We're still using jedivcs with delphi too. Had same issues a few days ago when migrating to Delphi 11. Found appropriate build of jedivcs here: ftp://vcstest.delphi-jedi.org  login jedivcs, pwd jedivcs. Ftp protocol may not be supported by modern browsers.

jedivcs_for_d11.png

On 12/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, K0nstantin said:

We're still using jedivcs with delphi too. Had same issues a few days ago when migrating to Delphi 11. Found appropriate build of jedivcs here: ftp://vcstest.delphi-jedi.org  login jedivcs, pwd jedivcs. Ftp protocol may not be supported by modern browsers.

Hello K0nstantin,

You are are right ! an anonymous hero did the job end November but nobody told us !

Also yes it's old, but C++ is old, Java is old, end Delphi is old, they now have plenty of strange kids but are still alive ;)

JediVCS stays unmatched in simplicity and is the only one to have the ability to do a simple Exclusive File Lock.

Also the Jedi authors could tell us when it's definitively dead ... But why would it die when it can get opensource anyway ?

Happy new year 2022 coding !

as ftp is no longer accessible I will share the version I have for up to Delphi 11

I still haven't got the version for Delphi 12

www.sesistemas.net/delphi/JVCS/Cliente/JVCSv2.50Delphi11_0AlexandriaClientSetupBeta3_20211120.exe