Sign in to follow this  
Fons N

Can't load package

Hi,

When starting the IDE (Delphi 10.4.2 Pro) I suddenly get this error message:

Can't load package c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\21.0\bin\dclRESTBackendComponents270.bpl.

Can't load package c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\21.0\bin\dclRESTComponents270.bpl.
The specified module could not be found.
Do you want to attempt to load this package the next time a project is loaded?

Actually two messages because of two missing bpl files. I have been using 10.4.2 for quite some time now and I never got these messages. Both bpl files DO EXIST in the location they are suppose to be. So why can't the IDE find them now all of a sudden.

The IDE always starts without loading a project, so it has nothing to do with my own little Delphi application.

And the IDE does seem to find all other bpl files in the bin directory. I am at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Fons

6 minutes ago, Fons N said:

The specified module could not be found.

That can also mean a package required by the named ones and which cannot be found or cannot be loaded for whatever reason.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

That can also mean a package required by the named ones and which cannot be found or cannot be loaded for whatever reason.

Hi Uwe,

I guess there no way to find out which those packages are..?  Still, since I haven't changed anything to the IDE at all, it seems odd that I suddenly have this issue.

Since I don't use REST in any of my applications I will just have to ignore these messages and answer "No" next time it pops up. It does annoys me though... if I cannot find out why this happens.

Best regards,

Fons

1 hour ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Thanks Uwe,

Your remark made me look into it from that perspective... using Process Monitor I found out why... well, sort of. It had to do with the Livebinding bpl files. Strange thing though is, that I disabled them many weeks ago, so it still puzzles me why now it became a problem. Enabled and then disabled them and after that the REST packages loaded without any problem.

Best regards,

Fons

The REST packages depend on the LiveBinding packages. I cannot say why it happens out of a sudden, but even when the LiveBindings Design packages are disabled, the Runtime packages should still be found.