Henry Olive

Firebird Admin Tool

I wish everyone a healthy day.

I'm planning to move from Interbase to Firebird

What is the best admin tool for Firebird ( Free or not Free )

Thank You

My layman's view and experience:

1. I, as a non-programmer, am behind DBWorkbench. The main reason for me is Visual Query Builder. It's incredibly sophisticated. You need to get used to it, but working with it is very pleasant. In addition to the Editors! There they limp a little. (But so do the others.) If you have a parenthesis, you don't know where the cursor is. The high award is for their support. I had a few problems (they actually had them) and some suggestions. They reacted quickly and almost everything was reflected in the product
  2. I had IBExpert - I messed up the OS and they didn't renew my license. It kind of didn't fit me
  3. I have EMS SQL Manager - it has a few good things, but overall it's not comfortable. Text selection, etc.
  4. I tried Red Manager (?) - That was at the beginning of its development. It's free. I don't know what condition he is in now. I think the start-up was good. They are also developing RedDB. Just for interest. The Arabs invest in it and the Russians make it. So they have enough money. I write it directly
  • Like 1

IBExpert, and you can get a free license if have WIN1251 (Russian) code page installed in your system

If it's a vote

I use Flamerobin (light and open source) for all quick jobs including backup/restore, extracting data and more

For design purpose (very rare) I used others 

*DBeaver (not so fine for firebird) but I appreciate ER Diagrams

You can have a list of third party firebird tools here

23 hours ago, Henry Olive said:

I'm planning to move from Interbase to Firebird

Do my Interbase reviews have anything to do with your choice? 

Keep in mind that some functionality of Interbase don't exist in Firebird (thinking about column crypto for example)  

Edited by Serge_G
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Serge_G said:

If it's a vote

I use Flamerobin

Always loved Flamerobin, one of the best functions in Flamerobin is their quick way to 'Generate rebuild script'..

Edited by FredS

Database workbench because it has one handy feature it can debug stored procedures ... 

50 minutes ago, DPStano said:

Database workbench because it has one handy feature it can debug stored procedures ... 

IBExpert can do it as well:

image.thumb.png.007c9358968945eb73b059c39d8f5339.png

• Like 1