Harry Bego

Windows 11 checkbox and radio button color

I’m finding that under Windows 11 unstyled checkboxes and radio buttons have a solid blue color when checked = true. Is there a way to prevent this and have them look the same as in Windows 10?

Using C++Builder 10.4.2.

Thanks for any hints!

This is a matter of OS and the great innovation of W11. As you can see, this can only be changed using themes.

4 minutes ago, David Heffernan said:

Isn't the entire point of the system theme that there is system wide consistency? 

image.png.1a6f2a2f9ccfe880e7e93efa055fbbf4.png

Edited by Attila Kovacs

16 hours ago, Stano said:

This is a matter of OS and the great innovation of W11. As you can see, this can only be changed using themes.

The issue is unrelated to themes. It’s the same in all themes.

Looks like it is a similar thing to what we saw initially in listviews in Windows 10: selected items had a solid blue background.

1 hour ago, Harry Bego said:

The issue is unrelated to themes. It’s the same in all themes.

Looks like it is a similar thing to what we saw initially in listviews in Windows 10: selected items had a solid blue background.

In this case I don't understand what you are saying. I thought you wanted to override the default system theme. But it seems I misunderstood you.

Is that only in your Delphi application or in all applications? In the latter case I concur with @David Heffernan in the former, please write a QC ticket.

Here's a screenshot from the preferences dialog in Paint Shop Pro: 

PSPWin11.png.a98b57eda93d55b5f09566b5ab162479.png

C++Builder itself and MS Word have the same checkboxes as in Windows 10. So looks like these use styles/skins. 

Edited by Harry Bego

Ok so in Windows 11 the only way to get rid of the solid blue and get decent looking checkboxes and radio buttons is to use styles. I have been using customized styles a lot but not for checkboxes and radio buttons since these didn’t look good at high dpi. But I now find that the new high DPI styles work great and the “Sky” style has nice checkboxes. Also, you can choose a style per control so I can use Sky just for the checkboxes and radio buttons.

Problem solved. Thanks for all responses.