Bouhlal

RemoteApp

Hello

Is there a Delphi component or a source example that allow windows application execution on server side from web browser on client pc. 

I explaine

I have a server installed on it microsoft word

I have a client pc does not have microsoft word installed

The client open browser and type server ip adresse, he enter his login and password and he find a button word when he click he run microsoft word on browser

Like citrix and www.tsplus.net

Absolutely nothing to do with Delphi. Where does it fit?

Google javascript remote desktop client. Then again, could as well use buildin mstsc client...

• Thanks 1

Microsoft Remote Desktop Services RemoteApp does this, so does VMware ThinApp Virtual Applications.  This has nothing to do with Delphi and would probably break some Microsoft license somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The other programs take lot of time of configuration and most clients does not have knowledge i want to make somethink very simple

www.tsplus.net is made with Delphi 

Please take a look on it

Yes i have checked it, the problem of it it allow you to virtualise only apps that you have source code of Delphi and i need to virtualise othrrs apps that i don't have source code

12 minutes ago, Bouhlal said:

Yes i have checked it, the problem of it it allow you to virtualise only apps that you have source code of Delphi and i need to virtualise othrrs apps that i don't have source code

Right, I know this doesn't solve your issue directly.

I thought of virtualizing your own Delphi app on the remote system, that maybe remotes Word locally somehow, but only you know what you need exaclty.

• Thanks 1

It probably is against the licensing to use MSWord like that, it can not be used on a server as for as i know. 

There are solution in azure to expose central installed apps to remote users desktop.

Edited by mvanrijnen

it is not Microsoft word I just gave an example, the application i want to webify is developed with vb.net 

23 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

The appropriate solution would be using RDP, as @Rinzwind pointed out.

the software is based rdp, i don't want to give full access to desktop via rdp i want to allow only run the application but not direct access to desktop

On 11/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, Bouhlal said:

Hope someone port it to Delphi

AFAIU all it does is create RDP shortcut. This shouldn't be too hard to rewrite; moreover, this hardly needs to be rewritten - just use as is. BTW, had anyone tried it? I'm interested but all our Windows are Pro's that haven't got this feature 😞

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2021 at 7:37 PM, Bouhlal said:

the software is based rdp, i don't want to give full access to desktop via rdp i want to allow only run the application but not direct access to desktop

Well that too does ms, RemoteApp 

licensing is another matter...  you seem to be looking for a configuration tool for existing technology? Why it has to be Delphi? Its setup and forget. Again, nothing to do with Delphi itself.

On 11/19/2021 at 1:37 PM, Bouhlal said:

Are you aware that you can share "application" only instead of providing desktop?

On 11/23/2021 at 8:16 PM, Stéphane Wierzbicki said:

Are you aware that you can share "application" only instead of providing desktop?

how ?

Also take a look at Supremo - this is remote desktop software that is very simple to configure and use. It is also, I believe, written in Delphi.

License fee is very competitive when compared with other RemoteDesktop solutions.

https://www.supremocontrol.com/

For the Remote Support, you can choose a lot of tools (AnyDesk, Teamviewer, Supremo, etc.).
In recent times a new actor has entered the scene: RustDesk.
RustDesk is an open-source project made with Rust.
RustDesk covers either client or server.
So you can use default open servers or if you have an external server you can place your RusDesk server in your net service.
https://github.com/rustdesk/rustdesk

I'm used to placing some of them in my software (some customized with annual payment, and rust desk as an open system):
image.thumb.png.51bb42f50cd6b20c1db65b4a7d862527.png

End-users can so choose what remote support service prefer to use (and what does not have connection issues at that time).

Edited by shineworld

Thank you @shineworld, @Roger Cigol, but I'm not looking for a remote control, but a RemoteAppp, if there is a source example in Delphi will be fine or a cheap license also will be fine