KenR

10.4.2 Keeps Crashing/Hanging

This happens when selecting some code and right-mouse clicking on it to invoke the menu or when doing so and clicking on the main search menu. This only seems to happen in very large projects. Also happens in Delphi 11. Has anyone else experienced this or knows a work around as it is driving me crazy?

I don't use that so no idea. Tried for fun in Delphi 11 to select an instance and hit Search - Find class first time I got:

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I guess I'll have to stop using it too but more than 30 years of ingrained habit to overcome!

Do you have a a plain Delphi installation or do you have any IDE Experts installed?
You could try using the -rNewRegPoint command line to BDS.exe to see of any extra packages/DLL are causing this.

I do have EurekaLog IDE Expert installed but it is set to not catch IDE errors.

Enabling Eurekalog to show the error can give you a call stack if you do not get one already.
We might be able to see what is causing the issue.

Didn't work I'm afraid. Delphi just closes with no message at all.

You could use the IDE to debug a second instance of it. That might give you a call stack and a hint what causes the problem. Just don't do what causes the crash in the first instance.