Perpeto

Has anyone tried "DelphiLSP" for Visual Studio Code yet?

Hallo everyone,

has anyone tried the official "DelphiLSP" Plugin for Visual Studio Code (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=EmbarcaderoTechnologies.delphilsp) yet?

Some time ago I have used OmniPascal (http://blog.omnipascal.com/)  by Christopher Wosinski and the code completion has already worked better than in Delphi IDE. So I have hope in the official "DelphiLSP", so that I can use Visual Studio Code instead of the Delphi-IDE at least for "just programming", i.e. no Forms etc.

Or does the official plugin has the same "code completion"-issues as in the Delphi IDE ?

Edited by Perpeto
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Perpeto said:

Or does the official plugin has the same "code completion"-issues as in the Delphi IDE ?

I didn't tested Visual Studio Code. It uses the same thing. From Delphi 11 unfortunately only the LSP based code completion is available and it's not good enough (capable only to handle Hello World applications). 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Perpeto said:

They are very similar to each other, as they both use the same supporting services, however, I felt that VSCode - when it works, works a little better, due to the way the whole code completion system is designed.

Hi all - I've been trying it recently, but cannot get it to work.  I've got the LSP extension installed OK into VSCode, but when I attempt to use the code completion feature I see this error in the code completion popup:  "A valid license was not found. Please contact Embarcadero Support".  I DO have a valid license for Delphi Enterprise and I do have Delphi 11 installed.  I also tried monkeying with the LSP extension settings (eg manually entering  a path to DelphiLSP.exe). I see that Delphi 11 is properly generating a .delphilsp.json file in the project folder.  I'm just trying a super simple Hello World application for now by way of testing. One other thing to note: I do also have Delphi 10.4.2. installed.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or worked out a solution? 

Thanks in advance for any insights!

prob.png

On 5/13/2022 at 1:53 AM, psla314 said:

If you remove the DelphiLSP.exe from Path to DelphiLSP.exe in extension setting it will fix the license error, but a "cannot start DelphiLSP" error will be displayed on project load, but it seems to work. see https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-35388

lsp.png

Adding a path tells me that it can't load DelphiLSP.exe .... I've tried

```

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin\"

```

But if I don't have a path, it loads DelphiLSP.exe, yet it still complains about " A valid license was not found. Please contact Embarcadero Support" .  I also have Delphi 11.0 Enterprise edition with a valid license!

Any ideas?