kameraad

Install Delphi Rad 10.3 on new workstation

Hello,

I have a new workstation and want to install my Delphi RAD 10.3 community version on that new workstation. I deleted my workstation license on my OLD workstation first.

Now when I install Delphi RAD 10.3 on my NEW workstation, and I use the serial key for Delphi 10.3, I get te following error/message:

The registration limit for this serial number has been reached.

So how can I install Delphi 10.3 on my NEW workstation with the software and key I already received.? Is there a way to do it?

Thanks

Hans

You cannot. The community version needs a new key when installed more than once (deleting a license doesn't help). The problem you will encounter next is that you cannot get another 10.3 key anymore - only for 10.4.

Oke thanks. That explains a lot. Then my next problem is how to install quickreport in 10.4. I have QR for 10.3. Is there a easy way to install QR 10.3 on RAD 10.4?

Hans

An installer for QuickReport 6 for 10.4 Sydney does exist however you cannot get it through the QuickReport website (you actually can't get any version through the QR website, their download system is broken). If you email QuickReport support however they will send you a link for a 10.4 installer.

• Like 1

Oke thanks. Is it maybey possible to install qr rio (10.3), into Rad delphi 10.4? I read about it in a topic, but i do not understand it. You have to recompile qr 10.3 into delphi 10.4. But in that way i am no expert to do so. Maybey is there someone to get it clear, step by step.

Thanks

If you have a version of QuickReport with DCU files rather than PAS files, i.e. NOT their full source version,  those DCUs (Delphi preCompiled Units) work in only 1 version of the Delphi compiler, which is Delphi 10.3 in your case.  You cannot recompile DCUs with a different Delphi compiler. 

As I read https://www.quickreport.co.uk/   they lost their lead developer in 2019.  Seems your best option is what Lachlan already wrote above - ask their support for the 10.4 installer. 

I have had good luck in the past with the licensing form at https://supportforms.embarcadero.com/   I don't know whether they can override your 10.3 limitation.

You can ask your Embarcadero sales rep about paid licensing.  Sometimes when you license current-Delphi (Delphi 11) your serial number works with earlier Delphi versions automatically, so even though you are buying Delphi 11 Pro you are gaining access to a full install of 10.3 to help you with the upgrade process. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks Ann,

I have the .pas files. But I do not know the steps to do for recompile 10.3 to 10.4. Maybey you can help me the steps I have to do, to import the sourve code of qr(10.3) into Delphi 10.4, and then compile qr to 10.4.

Thanks

Hans

2 hours ago, kameraad said:

I have the .pas files. But I do not know the steps to do for recompile 10.3 to 10.4.

It's the same as any other source. You do it in the same way as your own source. You should post what errors you get than we can try to help you.

Oke lets try.

- I make a copy of QR10.3 directory

- I open Delphi 10.4

- I open QRWRunDXE10_3_W64.dproj, and do a compile => no errors

- I open QRWDesignDXE10_3.dproj, and do a compile => 2 errors

[dcc32 Fatal Error] QRWRunDXE10_3_W64.dpk(30): E2225 Never-build paxkage 'rtl' must be recompiled

[dcc32 Fatal Error] QRWDesignDXE10_3.dpk (40): E2202 Required package 'QRWRunDXE10_3_W64' not found

Maybey some paths or so. But which one and how?

I do not know the structure of the QR package. My own sources I do understand.

Thanks for any help

Hans

When I change {$IMPLICITBUILD OFF} to {$IMPLICITBUILD ON}, the next error is

[dcc32 Fatal Error] QRWDesignDXE10_3.dpk (40): E2202 Required package ' QRWRunDXE10_3_w64' not found

Please help me out with this.

Thanks

1 hour ago, kameraad said:

[dcc32 Fatal Error] QRWDesignDXE10_3.dpk (40): E2202 Required package ' QRWRunDXE10_3_w64' not found

Add the folder where the runtime package is to the path.

Wich path?

In Options Delphi? In System Path?

The Package itself is in the new dir of QR I created in step 1.

I found the QRWRunDXE10_3_w64 .dcp file in directory Release and added the dir in the paths of delphi. In Debug is also this file, but the files size is different.

Next errors appear, when compiling.

[dcc32 Warning] qreport.pas(21): W1006 Unit 'ExptIntf' is deprecated
[dcc32 Warning] qrnew.pas(22): W1006 Unit 'ExptIntf' is deprecated
[dcc32 Warning] qrnew.pas(22): W1006 Unit 'ToolIntf' is deprecated
[dcc32 Warning] qrnew.pas(23): W1006 Unit 'VirtIntf' is deprecated
[dcc32 Error] E2466 Never-build package 'QRWDesignDXE10_3' requires always-build package 'QRWRunDXE10_3_w64'

Please help me out. How do I a recompile for qr 10.3 in RAD 10.4?

Hans

Next error when instaling:

Access violation at address 2FD88841 in module 'bds.exe'. Read of address 000000010.

Please anyone?

What is BDS.exe?

As I said last week, if you have a legal license for QuickReports 6 then email support@qbssoftware.com to request the installer for Delphi 10.4.

If you won't take that advice then I'm sorry but I have to assume you don't have a legal license for QuickReports and I don't think anyone here will want to help you any further.

I have the free community version of Delphi. Just downloaded QR 10.3 on download.net. Nothing cracked or illegal. Worked in the past professional with Delphi 7 and QR. At now it is just a hobby and do programming for fun. I am retired and do not make money with Delphi or QR. Make a program in 10.3 and want to use a new computer. But can not get a community licence key for Delphi 10.3 anymore. So I will use D 10.4. Just want to port QR 10.3 into Delpho 10.4. Which is possible. Get only BSD.EXE error. Can anyone help me with this error? Or tip me?

Thanks

BDS.exe ist the main executable of the Delphi IDE. (up to Delphi 7 that was Delphi32.exe). But I can't help you with the AV. This could be caused by anything.

For upgrading an old component to a new Delphi version you usually need to add conditional defines somewhere. Most component vendors have a central include file for that. Have a look at the top of your units, there might be a {$I filename.inc} statement in all of them. That's the include file I'm talking about then. Maybe updating that include file will solve the AV. But I'm guessing here. I have not used QR for ages.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm totaly lost here. Maybe it has nothing to do with QR this bsd error. Maybe with every install I will get this error. But normaly (mostly/never) I install packages or so. Just programming, Just the standard tools, nothing fancy. So no upgrade for me anymore. Sadly.

But, thanks for your help.

Hans