Looks like a similar story as with some other acquisitions - bought when decreasing relevance kicked in (in this case I think CircleCI their direct competitor gained quite some marketshare from Travis for several reasons).

10 hours ago, Stefan Glienke said:

Looks like a similar story as with some other acquisitions - bought when decreasing relevance kicked in (in this case I think CircleCI their direct competitor gained quite some marketshare from Travis for several reasons).

Expect layoffs and outsourcing to contractors.. standard Idera practice. Some interesting comments on hacker news

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

Take a look at Continua CI and FinalBuilder for the best Delphi support in a CI/Build environment. 

Indeed! The time and effort to get a build project up and running (and actually doing what you want!) in ContinuaCI and FinalBuilder beats Jenkins by magnitudes.

• Thanks 1

@Vincent Parrett @Uwe Raabe

Thanks for the info, I expect FinalBuilder would be the best choice.
But on the other hand Jenkins solution is free (also a good and valid argument).

Is anyone using Travis CI, howto compare that with names CI's ?

38 minutes ago, Rollo62 said:

But on the other hand Jenkins solution is free (also a good and valid argument).

The time saved by using ContinuaCI and FinalBuilder is worth much more than the cost for these tools - unless you are working for free, though. When comparing prices, don't forget to compare benefits, capability and comfort. Free is never an argument on its own. Oh, and the Solo version of ContinuaCI actually is for free.

I tried several times to make use of Jenkins (actually I started with Hudson), but each time I gave up due to the effort necessary to get things done and the maintenance being a bit cumbersome (to speak nicely). So no one can say I didn't give it a chance.

ContinuaCI has still room for improvement, no question, but @Vincent Parrett and his team are always open for feature requests and usually amazingly fast when it comes to fixing bugs.

I tried several times to make use of Jenkins (actually I started with Hudson), but each time I gave up due to the effort necessary to get things done and the maintenance being a bit cumbersome (to speak nicely).

@Uwe Raabe

Yes, I know what you mean, but I'M not sure if other solutions solve all these needs automatically.
E.g. recently I was trying again to configure to produce and deploy iOS/Android/Mac versions, which I gave up.
Are Continua & FinalBuilder solving this out of the box, I havent seen some positive comments yet.

If you do mobile development under CI currently, would be great if you could share your experiences with it.