Sign in to follow this  
Uwe Raabe

DP not reliably approving new users?

In a comment on this SO question someone states:

Far as I can tell Delphi-Praxis is not reliably approving new users so probably not a good forum to recommend anymore.

I know that being difficult to judge from the inside, but does anyone have more information about it?

The observations appears to be accurate. @Daniel found a huge queue of approvals waiting - mostly spam accounts - but probably also actual users.
Somehow, the system had queued the accounts for approval - but no notice of waiting approvals were given to the admins/mods.

I would suggest that new users try registering again?

Well - that mistake was clearly not a highlight.

*sigh*

It was never the intention to approve the accounts manually, so I never expected to find a queue of accounts in that area of the admin-panel of this software. Something like this shouldn't happen - I'm honestly contrite.

Maybe a free beer to everyone? 😉

• Like 7

Hey, we work with computers and software.  What could possibly go wron2c0+23423\09csxsz\+09r2123...

• Haha 3

I am just thinking about ways to realize such a remote free beer solution. Perhaps I should make an appointment with our local brewery for a brainstorming.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Roger Cigol said:

But if you want to make your forum really popular the "free beer" idea might be worth a try......

"Done. Your free beer awaits you at Alpha Centaura"