TimCruise

Online examples of Android & iOS apps programmed by RAD Studio

Hello RAD Studio experts,

I want to see actual online examples of Android and iOS apps programmed by RAD Studio.  Please show me your products' links of which you are very proud.  :classic_biggrin:

I am stilling choosing between RAD Studio Community 10.4.2 and Visual Studio Community 2022.

Thanks for your help.  I do not want to regret after I will have paid BIG $.  :classic_cool:

While mobile platforms are changing every year Delphi Community version is not a viable product. Every version of the mobile platforms requires changes in the development tools and community edition don't cover that. Even with paid versions of Delphi sometimes you have to wait a longer period of time for a solution (fix for the platform change).

• Thanks 1

Hello Friend,

I have set up a macOS v10.12 and its XCode v8.3.3 environment.  RAD Studio sets up an iOS 10.3 SDK for me.

If I develop with these environment, will my iOS apps become compatible with newer iOS?  :classic_huh:

Edited by TimCruise

2 hours ago, TimCruise said:

I have set up a macOS v10.12 and its XCode v8.3.3 environment.

If you're planning on deploying iOS apps to the App Store, you will need at least macOS 10.15 so that you can use Xcode 12, the minimum required for deploying apps to the App Store. From April next year, this will change to Xcode 13, which requires Big Sur 11.3.

Edited by Dave Nottage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Nottage said:

If you're planning on deploying iOS apps to the App Store, you will need at least macOS 10.15 so that you can use Xcode 12, the minimum required for deploying apps to the App Store. From April next year, this will change to Xcode 13, which requires Big Sur 11.3.

Ok, and what would be the minimum hardware for this, Apple Mini (2014 ??) ?

Or are there virtual solutions for this (legal ones) ?

2 minutes ago, mvanrijnen said:

There's a list of minimum requirements for Big Sur here: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT211238. Note that includes late 2014 Mac Mini.

3 minutes ago, mvanrijnen said:

Or are there virtual solutions for this (legal ones) ?

There are legal virtual solutions available online, such as MacInCloud: https://www.macincloud.com/ and MacStadium: https://www.macstadium.com

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mvanrijnen said:

That could be a problem in the near future, since Apple doesn't care much about backwards compatibility.

So if you really want to use iOS seriously, my recommendation would be to use a more late Mac for that, even if that is more expensive.

http://www.deltics.co.nz/blog/posts/3066

The big question is howto find a reasonable cost/benefit relation these days, maybe refurbished items ?

Edited by Rollo62

Friends,

I am setting up a macOS Big Sur v11.3.1 environment plus its Xcode.

So which sdk am I supposed to use for development under RAD Studio 10.4.2?  Its documents say that iOS apps programmed by newer sdk cannot run on older iphones.

Please help me to choose a sdk.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, pcplayer99 said:

Is it possible to install Mac OS and Xcode in VirtualBox to deploy APP to iOS?

Yes, it is completely possible.

The newest VirtualBox has many popular OS virtualisation support.  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by TimCruise

Just now, TimCruise said:

Yes, if you are running Intel based PC, installing MacOS as a VirtualBox VM is straight forward!

Only on Apple hardware is legal.
Is it illegal to run Hackintosh?

According to Apple, Hackintosh computers are illegal, per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. In addition, creating a Hackintosh computer violates Apple's end-user license agreement (EULA) for any operating system in the OS X family.

Theoretically, it is, but ...

Apple also co-operates with other big corps to overthrow their legally elected President...  but we are helpless... :classic_blush:

Apple even blocks any apps which are hated by China.  We can't use those great apps even if we live outside China.  :classic_blush:

Edited by TimCruise

There is no official support for personal MacOS VMs from Apple, and the use of unsupported VMs is a breach of Apple's IP.

The discussion of illegal use of software is not allowed on DP, so please refrain from discussing such issues here and delete your related commentary.

22 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

There is no official support for personal MacOS VMs from Apple, and the use of unsupported VMs is a breach of Apple's IP.

The discussion of illegal use of software is not allowed on DP, so please refrain from discussing such issues here and delete your related commentary.

OK. Edited  :classic_rolleyes: