baoquan.zuo

Special Offer for Documentation Insight

Yes, very useful. I use it on a number of projects myself.

I'm a bit hesitant to recommend it though as:

• It seems to have gone into maintenance mode many years ago.
  • It appears to rely on MSHTML for the editor feature and MSHTML is a dead end.

14 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:

It seems to have gone into maintenance mode many years ago.

As long as it keeps doing what it was made for even in newer Delphi versions I would not rate that negative. There is plenty of software just refusing to work anymore where I would love to see it in some maintenance mode.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

As long as it keeps doing what it was made for even in newer Delphi versions I would not rate that negative. There is plenty of software just refusing to work anymore where I would love to see it in some maintenance mode.

Sure. I agree on that. It is something to consider though. In this case we are reliant on explicit support for newer versions of Delphi since this is an IDE integration-only tool and the parser also needs to be updated when the language changes. So far there has not been problems but I do worry a bit.

As I said I use it myself and it does what it's supposed to do rather well but the output is beginning to look a bit dated (VS2012 style), the help is out of date (or completely missing as in the case of the latest release) and the advertised new versions has never appeared.

2 hours ago, Anders Melander said:

Sure. I agree on that. It is something to consider though. In this case we are reliant on explicit support for newer versions of Delphi since this is an IDE integration-only tool and the parser also needs to be updated when the language changes. So far there has not been problems but I do worry a bit.

As I said I use it myself and it does what it's supposed to do rather well but the output is beginning to look a bit dated (VS2012 style), the help is out of date (or completely missing as in the case of the latest release) and the advertised new versions has never appeared.

going a little bit offtopic, but what are the better alternatives ? 

Thanks for the kind words!

I must admit, the current status of the product is far away from my expectation and I'm really sorry that the new version has not come out in such a long time.

However, there is much in-progress working on the product. I hope good things will happen in the upcoming 2022.

• Like 3