audi30tdi

Which version BDE

Hmm... Wordpress is acting up and sending me to my own site when I try to follow the link.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:42 AM, dummzeuch said:

Convert from Delphi 7 to whatever newer Delphi version you fancy and keep the BDE. That UNICODE string conversion is less problematic than many people (including me until recently) think. Only very few places need to be changed at all. Unless you were (ab)using strings for storing binary data, that might cause more work.

From my own experience, this could vary very widely, from just recompile to 1-2 months of rewriting and hunting subtle bugs. F.ex., I converted EhLib 2.x in about several hours but SimpleXML took about a week. All this depends on how clean and correct the code is written.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:29 AM, audi30tdi said:

I use Paradox tables in my old application, and therefor I use the Database Desktop. But as @Virgo said, it shows the error, and the nothing more happens after I click run this program without getting help............

FireDAC doesn't support Paradox at all. You have to port to another Database, e.g. Firebird. But beware, no more SetRange and Filter, but SQL only.

1 hour ago, Frickler said:

FireDAC doesn't support Paradox at all.

I don't agree you can use ADO driver, even if I agree with your second remark

You have to port to another Database,

Not necessarily Firebird : Paradox = Mon User so SQLite is sufficient 

1 hour ago, Frickler said:

no more SetRange and Filter,

FDTable have these functions, personally  I prefer FDQuery but ... 

On 1/10/2022 at 7:04 PM, Serge_G said:

I don't agree you can use ADO driver, even if I agree with your second remark 

Expect.... That requires BDE for some Paradox features anyway. From what I recall Paradox version 7 tables were one of those things.