PeaShooter_OMO

Cannot do a Find Declaration for package unit unless "use debug .dcus" is enabled in application

This was tested on a clean install of Delphi 11 with November Patch and no 3rd party packages.

Firstly I have noticed that Delphi 11 does not do Find Declaration while your project's Release build is activated. I did find a similar bug report on Quality Portal and voted for that as well as have my colleague submit a comment how to reproduce our issue.
https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-33347

So I am wondering if my next Delphi 11 issue is related to that or maybe I am just missing something. Attached you will find a .zip file containing a bare minimum Package and an Application.

In the application the problem is that I cannot do a Find Declaration on the package unit in the uses section or the DoMsg method unless I enable "use debug .dcus" inside the application Debug build config.

The package consists only of the TestUnitJ unit and the IDE Paths were setup as follows:

Win32--------
Library Path--
D:\Test Package\DCU\Win32\Release

Browsing Path--
D:\Test Package\PAS

Debug DCU Path--
D:\Test Package\DCU\Win32\Debug

I followed the same pattern as I have always done in previous versions of Delphi without having these issues.

Test Package and Application.zip

There is also RSP-36616 where trace into FD source doesn't work when the application is build with run time packages. Unfortunately it's not confirmed yet from Embarcadero.

I am wondering why the packages included in Delphi behave correctly

Even the included Indy. How was that setup and built to work correctly? I wanted to have a look at the Indy packages on its Github but there was only up to xxx270.dproj

Edited by PeaShooter_OMO