kaarigar

Copy deployment across platforms

I am rebuilding an old multi-device application in Delphi Alexandria. The target was android-32. Now I want to build it for android-64.  I have added several files to android-32 like splash screen, data files, multimedia files, etc. etc. that I want them to be added to the android-64 platform. Is there any way to copy all relevant the deployment settings (Project->Deployment) from android-32 to android-64. How can I have them copied to the android-64 target platform? Thank you for your response!

• Like 1

As far as I know you might be able to copy the relevant lines from within the .dproj file but there's no way I'm familiar with to push the "child" settings up.

This is why I'm always setting all information at the topmost level (All configuration) even if it's a Win32 build only.

36 minutes ago, aehimself said:

As far as I know you might be able to copy the relevant lines from within the .dproj file but there's no way I'm familiar with to push the "child" settings up.

This is why I'm always setting all information at the topmost level (All configuration) even if it's a Win32 build only.

Thanks - that is what I ended up doing. I should perhaps set up tje All Configuration as yiu suggest. But then the question what gets precedence - All Configuration or individual specific platform configuration.

8 hours ago, kaarigar said:

Thanks - that is what I ended up doing. I should perhaps set up tje All Configuration as yiu suggest. But then the question what gets precedence - All Configuration or individual specific platform configuration.

Individual settings will overwrite the one set on the parent. What I really don’t like from this perspective is that there is no “force inheritance”. You change a setting topmost, but if the same setting has a different value somewhere, it’s not going to be changed.

• Like 2