Sign in to follow this  
dummzeuch

Oddities in path edit dialog of Delphi 11 with high DPI

In Delphi 11 I see several oddities in the path editor dialog (e.g. Library Path or Unit Search Path:

1. The "Tasks" and "Replace" buttons are in front of the edit control. That happens immediately when it's being opened:

Delphi11-Path-Edit-Button-placement.thumb.png.87b270fa679b0867c786af47d936f2d3.png

2. The buttons with icons on them for moving entries and for selecting a folder lose these icons as soon as I move the dialog from one monitor (scaling = 125%) to the other (scaling = 100%)

Delphi11-Path-Edit-Button-icons.thumb.png.74b29e2472f86d4c027cb0f9e3115790.png

3. This only happens when the dialog is opened on the monitor with scaling = 100%: The OK, Cancel and Help buttons are no longer right aligned but are somewhere on the left and move even further to the left when I then move it to the other monitor.

Delphi11-Path-Edit-OKCancel-Button-placement.thumb.png.e70105e88d274e7c297e6f1433019e75.png

Does anybody else see these too?

Or is that just me again with my peculiar setup (Main monitor = 24" on the right with 100% scaling, secondary monitor = 32" on the left with >100% scaling, with the IDE on the secondary monitor)?

I haven't filed a bug report yet, because I first wanted to ask this question to write a better report.

Looking at it in the Delphi IDE explorer revealed the cause for problem 1:

The Add  and Delete buttons are placed on the pnMain panel, while the Replace and Tasks buttons are placed directly on the form. How can a rookie mistake like this not be spotted during tests?