M.Joos

Add Indexer problem

Hi Uwe,

When I try to use the Add Indexer Wizard, the Wizard complains about "no indexer implemenations found".

The directory with the Indexers templates exits: C:\ProgramData\Raabe Software\shared\Indexers with two templates in it.

I am running Version 14,0.5 Build 2276 on DX Rio.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

The Indexer templates are expected in the Indexers sub folder from the shared folder set in registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Raabe Software\Shared\RootDir.

It is quite possible that something went wrong during the installation and the indexer files were not copied to that folder. I will check the setup for that.

Thanks Uwe,

indeed, there is no Indexers subfolder in the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Raabe Software\Shared\RootDir  is pointing to.

See attached image what this folder looks like on my system.

2018-06-07_165408.png

I wonder how this folder is going to be used as Shared folder. For a non-admin installation that should rather be %APPDATA%\Raabe Software\Shared and not %APPDATA%\Raabe Software\MMX Code Explorer. On the other hand I can imagine some buggy setup scheme from my side.

So whatever that registry RootDir entry points to, copy the Indexers folder into that folder and you should be done.

I will investigate the setup for any glitches - or better - rethink the folder architecture in general.

• Like 1

Thanks Uwe,

done and works now as expected.

As I am using MMX (and starting to see its benefits more and more) I have encountered a few other problems, but I will post separate threads for those.

Edited by M.Joos