Sign in to follow this  
Stefan Glienke

Dragging GExperts windows show too large

When dragging the Grep window (and also other dockable windows from GExperts) they show as too large - I would say by exactly the scaling amount (the screenshot is from a system with 175%)

image.thumb.png.158d385e49ac9ef1e6a5e8390b3321a8.png

I can only reproduce this if I drag that window to a place where it would dock as a tab and then (without dropping it) move it somewhere where it would dock as a normal window.

And that's not just related to GExperts windows but also windows of the IDE itself (e.g. the Projects window), so it looks like an IDE bug rather than a GExperts bug.

Does this happen only with GExperts windows for you?

21 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Does this happen only with GExperts windows for you?

Yes, otherwise I would have reported that to Embarcadero

I have exactly that effect with standard IDE tool windows when GExperts is not installed (I also removed everything else that's not standard just to be sure). E.g. this is the Object Inspector window on a 4K monitor set to 125% scaling:

594797385_2022-02-0217_19_19-Delphi11.thumb.png.d9b8745025baa0e267a1466ca7248f30.png

Could it be related to the scaling value being 125%? I also cannot see that OI problem with 150% scaling.

With multiple monitors having different scales it may even depend on the scaling of the primary monitor if different from the one the IDE is located.