dummzeuch

LangMan for Delphi

Is anybody using or has evaluated the translation tool LangMan for Delphi from Regulace?

I have had a look at the extensive documentation and also watched the video and this left quite a good expression.

Unfortunately there seems to be no evaluation version available and from the video it looks as if it might be quite a bit of "click-work" ("man klickt sich einen Wolf" roughly translated as "You click yourself ragged") required. But on the other hand it might be easy to use for non-programmers to provide translations for at least the UI part of a program without needing much support from the software development side.

(Please don't suggest dxGetText. I am quite familiar with it for obvious reasons.)

39 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

Unfortunately there seems to be no evaluation version available

The download page offers a Personal Edition which seems to require just a registration.

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone,
I am the author of the LangMan components. The non-public link for downloading the latest version of LangMan Personal without registration is here:  https://www.regulace.org/LangMan_Personal_v2.12.0.zip
This Personal edition is fine for small non-commercial projects. The Ultimate edition offers much more options and higher work efficiency, especially thanks to the localization of inline strings and global lexicons. You can see it here for comparison :

https://www.regulace.org/articles/22/LangMan-Editions-Comparison

I would like to create some new video tutorials, the last ones are quite old.
Speaking for myself as an author, I probably won't sound very objective, but I think they are very high quality components and, according to user feedback around the world, they are very satisfied. People who are used to LangMan components no longer want anything else.
One of the great benefits of LangMan components is that it allows you to easily implement a localization editor into your application with a few clicks, so that your users' community can easily create localizations into their languages and thus further internationalize and spread your work around the world.