tgbs

Debug ISAPI on Windows 11

Debug is almost impossible. Tried with Delphi 10.4 and 11. One minute waiting for attach to process w3wp.exe. And then it disconnects and there is no debug. The same project with the two Delphis has no problem with Windows <11.

Has anyone managed to debug ISAPI on Windows 11 ?

Things are getting worse. I can't debug and datasnap services.

Any one ?

Nothing in central

image.png.fc2c83d2b8858f67c83e72949f142d17.png

I will try of course, but it is not so easy

I don't think that attaching 3rd party processes is the official way to debug isapi or other services. Is it?

39 minutes ago, Attila Kovacs said:

I don't think that attaching 3rd party processes is the official way to debug isapi or other services. Is it?

I believe it is, but there are simpler ways.   IIS is not the only web server that can run ISAPI's. For debugging ISAPI's I personally use Aprelium's Abyss X2 web server. This can run as a normal executable and it comes in an x64 and x86 flavor. In the Delphi IDE I simply specify this program as the host process for my DLL.  

28 minutes ago, Attila Kovacs said:

Or you can run it as a standalone application as well, sharing the units.

Yes, but the behavior might not be 100% identical because IIRC in DLL projects some things are not allowed in the initialization and finalization sections of units.  But having said that, I usually test like this as well. A plain vanilla executable is the easiest to debug.

I use IIS Express to debug 32/64-bit ISAPI modules by specifying iisexpress.exe as host application and /config parameter to point to ApplicationHost.config that configures web site that hosts the module.

The problem is only with Windows 11. And I don't understand why I have to try to get around the problem. Besides, as I wrote, it is not only with IIS but also with Datasnap