samjoko

ICS 8.68 Compile error with macOS

Hello, 

I'll try ICS 8.68 version with FMX in OSX.

I used in copy mode (just copy and setup path in IDE library) and GetIt package both test.

1) (ERROR) OverbyteIcsWndControl.pas error line no 162. (error code : [dccosx64 fatal error] OverbyteIcsWndControl.pas(162): F2613 Unit 'Vcl.forms' not found.

2) I added codition in project 'FMX'

3) (ERROR) OverbyteIcsSslHttpRest.pas(2412): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TPath'

4) I added uses 'System.IOUtils' in line 398

5) (ERROR) OverbyteIcsSslX509Certs.pas(1197): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TMsCertTools'

how can i use ICS in OSX?

sorry for my poor english. it's not my language.

We don't test ICS on MacOS, since the developers don't have access to any Apple hardware.  So we are dependent upon contributors here to test ICS on MacOS and fix any bugs, which we then incorporate in the distribution. 

You may find using a much older version works better, except for obsolete OpenSSL versions.  And we don't provide OpenSSL for MacOS either.

I'll fix the TMsCertTools error, that is Windows only so should not build on MacOS.  I'll look at the others, but they are not Windows specific.

Angus

Thanks for the fixes, I've done 3, 4 and 5, all my mistakes adding new features for Windows.  Will be in SVN shortly.

But I don't understand 1 and 2, can not see why there would be a fatal error on line 162 or what fix you actually made to stop it. 

Angus

Thanks Angus.

i think 1 and 2 some kind of problem of conditional compliation.

I'll try complie and figure it out about 1 and 2 problem after ics update.

and then, report to this article.

Edited by samjoko