Levente

iOS app can’t start on iPhone

Hi, 

I can't start the app on my iPhone, the deploy is fine, but the app won't start.

The following program versions are installed:

Delphi 11.0 all patches

macOS Version 12.2

PA server 13.0.12.0

xCode: 13.2.1

iOS SDK 15.2

Test device: iPhone 11 PRO,  OS 15.3

The initial form does not appear, it closes immediately, it can be viewed at the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4uk8k7of1seslug/iOS_cant_start.MP4?dl=0

The app name is: Microma

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Levente

That happened to me, I found out the provisioning file was incorrect. I deleted and created new provisioning information

and everything  started working properly.

The best way to test is to create an dummy Xcode project with your Bundle identifier and certificate

and see if it works in Xcode.

Thank you for the suggestion, but it did not lead to any results,

I created an Xcode dummy project using the Bundle identifier, it works fine, I download the app to my phone, and it starts without any problems.

The app created in Delphi 11 still won't start.

An app created in Delphi 11 contains only one form with a label on the form.

No error message is displayed anywhere, the app just won't start, it closes immediately after start…

Where can I look for the error further?

Best regards,

Levente

On 2/4/2022 at 6:26 PM, Levente said:

The following program versions are installed:

Delphi 11.0 all patches

If you imported the iOS SDK before you installed the patches, you will need to re-import the SDK

I re-imported the iOS SDK because I added the iOS SDK before the Delphi January patch, but it doesn't help either, it still won't start the app.

First, I deleted the iOS SDK in the Delphi SDK manager, then I also deleted it from the hard drive, and then I added the iOS SDK to Delphi again.

Edited by Levente

Does anyone have any other ideas, how to solve this problem?

Where do I look for the bug?

Thanks in advance.

When you use Xcode to test, make sure you turn off "Automatically manage signing" under Signing & capabilities.

Then see if you get any errors.

On 2/6/2022 at 6:34 PM, Levente said:

First, I deleted the iOS SDK in the Delphi SDK manager, then I also deleted it from the hard drive, and then I added the iOS SDK to Delphi again.

You may also need to delete any cache-xxxxxx folders under PAServer/scratch-dir on the Mac, then import

On 2/7/2022 at 7:33 PM, ginnix said:

When you use Xcode to test, make sure you turn off "Automatically manage signing" under Signing & capabilities.

Then see if you get any errors.

Yes, I tried to turn off Automatically manage signing”, adding a screenshot about the settings.

So I can download from Xcode and start the dummy app without any problems using own created provisioning profile.

However, my app still does not start from Delphi with this provisioning profile...

xcode bundle identifier- setup.png

On 2/7/2022 at 8:23 PM, Dave Nottage said:

You may also need to delete any cache-xxxxxx folders under PAServer/scratch-dir on the Mac, then import

I tried it anyway, but it doesn't help. Unfortunately, I can't determine where the error is.

I would have a question that might help solve this problem, what does it mean if there is a "prohibition sign" on the app icon on Macbook in PAServer/scratch-dir.

app icon-macbook.PNG

Make sure your certificate is valid. And the certificate of "ios_development.cer" is the new version.

In your mac system, this ios_development maybe not be expired, but just is a low version. You can download a new version on Apple's developer web page.

On 2/15/2022 at 8:52 PM, ginnix said:

Make sure you have set all the right permissions for your app.

I'm logged in as an administrator on the Macbook, and Delphi is set to the factory default settings. Where do I check permissions?

On 2/16/2022 at 7:41 PM, pcplayer99 said:

Make sure your certificate is valid. And the certificate of "ios_development.cer" is the new version.

In your mac system, this ios_development maybe not be expired, but just is a low version. You can download a new version on Apple's developer web page.

I created two new certificates, one for “iOS Development” and the other for “Development”, I tried with both, I can’t launch the app with either.

For both certificates, Delphi can download the app to the Macbook and then to the phone without error, but the app will not start on the phone…

Keychain access sees both certificates valid until 2023.

However, my question would be whether previously created certificates that I have already recalled but are still somewhere on the Macbook could cause an error?

On 2/19/2022 at 6:33 AM, pcplayer99 said:

The problem is solved, the application on the iPhone starts. I have attached the certificate file that was used to fix the error.

After all, if the app doesn't start on your iPhone and you don't see any error messages, there's probably a problem with one of the certificate files.

Thank You to everyone for the help. 🙂

AppleWWDRCAG3.cer