Jim C

Delphi 10.4 missing XML Data Binding

I just downloaded the new Delphi 10.4 Version 27.0.40680.4203. There is no XML Data Binding (that I can find) and IDE Help documentation is grossly incorrect (e.g. Code Insight has moved under Language and is Off by Default!). I also did a 'Getit' Install of XML Mapper and it doesn't work... Has anyone else experienced these or similar problems? I also can't get context sensitive help to work and reinstalled Windows 11 and then went back to Windows 10 (with new Delphi installs of Ver 10.3) and used up my license count and was referred here! Delphi help brings me to Win 10 Edge Help and I should have done a clean install but now don't want to run out my Community Edition license count! I have used Delphi since it's initial offering 27 years ago... It used to be a great product and many parts of the IDE are still great but very disappointed in all of the bugs, starting with Delphi 10-Berlin. and worsening over time.  My last Pro version was 10-Berlin and that is buggy so I switched to the Community editions and am not doing work for hire or selling my apps, so that is legal... I'm stuck, since if I download again to see if I got a 'bad' install, I will run out my license count again...

The XML Mapper can be installed via GetIt.

Edit: Can you explain what doesn't work in XML Mapper?

Edited by Uwe Raabe

10 hours ago, Jim C said:

I just downloaded the new Delphi 10.4 Version 27.0.40680.4203. There is no XML Data Binding (that I can find)

With my Delphi 10.4 Version 27.0.37889.9797 (Professional) it is found under File->New->Others, Delphi projects, Web:

image.thumb.png.b7c13b92d60c95972054d22a0106c34b.png

Thanks Peter, for your reply. It looks like the Community Edition (Delphi 10.4 Version 27.0.40680.4203) doesn't correspond with the 10.4 Professional edition but did under version 10.3. My 10.3 license expired (Community editions are only valid for one year, with no renewal option that I can find) and I was forced to use the 10.4 Community version which doesn't agree with your screen print.  After your post, I searched under every menu option and can't find XML Data Binding. Here is a screen shot of my install, which defers radically from yours:

image.thumb.png.573b9f19dae627886f9b0f2b4f8d3e7c.png

Thanks Uwe for your reply. Yes, I did download the XML Mapper through Getit (picture below) and "Create..." is grayed out in both the Menu and Button with XML data loaded (picture below). I looked over the documentation and it states: "Note: XML mapper relies on two .DLLs (midas.dll and msxml.dll) to work correctly. Be sure that you have both of these .DLLs installed before you try to use xmlmapper.exe. In addition, msxml.dll must be registered as a COM server. You can register it using Regsvr32.exe."  I'm assuming that it's not working because msxml.dll is missing from my PC but Mapper did work with my previous version of Delphi (10.3), so I am even more confused? 

:

image.thumb.png.e953668dad1b002f3b67ec63fe134790.pngimage.thumb.png.6b222a36ba0530b970c32a8b0d39f168.png

image.png

Anyone who gets to this post should be aware that in March 2023, with Alexandria 11.3, there was a new version of XML Mapper in Getit. See also this post: 

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2022 at 12:29 AM, Jim C said:

Thanks Uwe for your reply. Yes, I did download the XML Mapper through Getit (picture below) and "Create..." is grayed out in both the Menu and Button with XML data loaded (picture below). I looked over the documentation and it states: "Note: XML mapper relies on two .DLLs (midas.dll and msxml.dll) to work correctly. Be sure that you have both of these .DLLs installed before you try to use xmlmapper.exe. In addition, msxml.dll must be registered as a COM server. You can register it using Regsvr32.exe."  I'm assuming that it's not working because msxml.dll is missing from my PC but Mapper did work with my previous version of Delphi (10.3), so I am even more confused? 

:

image.thumb.png.e953668dad1b002f3b67ec63fe134790.png

Just to clarify the issue experienced by Jim ( see text and image quoted above ) and to avoid further confusion:

• If the image posted by Jim faithfully represents the issue he is experiencing, then the problem is that there are some preliminary steps that need to be completed in order to have the "Create and Test Transformation" button enabled.
  • The preliminary steps missing in his screenshot are as follows:
    • Selection of the XML nodes in the left hand side panel to be mapped.
    • Loading or creation of an XML data packet in the right hand side panel.
    • Definition of mappings for each XML node on the left to each data packet field on the right.  These would be shown in the middle panel.
  • Once these steps are completed, the "Create and Test Transformation" button becomes "active" and you can now, as expected, create and test the XML mapping transformation.

Thank you.

Edited by Miguel Moreno